"A Tribute to Hipshot" - Page 6 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:50 PM
airborneveteran
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Well it looks great! I honestly didn't know about your work until I bought the stock. I just bought it because I liked it. It could use a touch up here and there after many few trips to the range. Do you remember the manufacturer of the metal flake red paint you used?
Old 08-18-2013, 12:57 AM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Hipshot- did you ever talk to rigrat? I just noticed the pic links on page 1 of this thread aren't fixed. I set up an RFC designated Photobucket account for the Hall of Fame and UoM rifles. I'm gonna email him and see if he can send me the pics and I will host them. I can have Pappy edit page one accordingly...

I want folks to see that amazing lineup. Could you possibly create an album of pics of your stocks? I would like to allocate an entire chapter in the Hall of Fame dedicated to your work

DrGunner
Old 08-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Hipshot
Law Enforcement Officer UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborneveteran View Post

Well it looks great! I honestly didn't know about your work until I bought the stock. I just bought it because I liked it. It could use a touch up here and there after many few trips to the range. Do you remember the manufacturer of the metal flake red paint you used?
The paint is Dupli-Color Metal Specks Retro Red (spray can). It should be available at most auto parts stores. I rubbed out the paint and waxed it. You might want to do a good wipe down with mineral spirits before recoating. You can do a quickie touch up of a small ding by spraying close up on a piece of newsprint and then picking the paint up on a q-tip and dabbing the ding. It won't blend 100%, but will serve for a while.

---------------------

Dr.G, I'll PM you.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:58 PM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
THANKS rigrat!!!! Pic links are fixed-

Check out page one of this thread NOW....

DrGunner
Old 08-18-2013, 09:12 PM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to rigrat
Sorry it took so long, been really busy with real life lately. I honestly didn't know this was a sticky until you told me DrGunner.

But fixed now and if anything happens you have a copy of the pics. But as long as Hipshots threads are still here at Rimfire you'll always be able to find them. Well unless something happens to his hosting account.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:39 PM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigrat View Post
Sorry it took so long, been really busy with real life lately. I honestly didn't know this was a sticky until you told me DrGunner.

But fixed now and if anything happens you have a copy of the pics. But as long as Hipshots threads are still here at Rimfire you'll always be able to find them. Well unless something happens to his hosting account.
Thank you, Brother. That's one of the things I'm trying to remedy, there's so much incredible work that goes on here, and members come and go for various reasons.

I have started a Hall of Fame sticky in Ultimates, and created a separate RFC designated Photobucket account for it and for the Ultimate of the Month game rifles.
I gave the username and password info to Admin and the other mods, so if anything happens to me, they have access. I plan on creating chapters in the Hall of Fame for various folks who have made exceptional contributions to RFC and to the rest of us through their work- Larry is a prime example of the type of work I am trying to preserve for the future.

I appreciate you taking the time to send me the pics, and for fixing the links in your tribute thread- which I have to say- Its an AWESOME thread. You did a great job on it... I'm actually surprised it wasn't a sticky before.

Take Care-

Sincerely,

DrGunner
Old 08-19-2013, 09:33 AM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to rigrat
Larry is a exceptional person, as are allot of the former and present members. I only did the thread because I felt that Hipshot deserved recognition for helping so many anyway he could.

What you are doing with the hall of fame thing is incredible and one of the best ideals I have heard of. Vincent has allot of Ricochet's pictures from his posts that deserve preserving. I wish you luck and hope the Hall of Fame spreads throughout all the sections of Rimfirecentral and preserves the works so they will live on fore-ever.

My hat is off to you Sir.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:59 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (73)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Quote:
Larry is a exceptional person, as are allot of the former and present members. I only did the thread because I felt that Hipshot deserved recognition for helping so many anyway he could.

What you are doing with the hall of fame thing is incredible and one of the best ideals I have heard of. Vincent has allot of Ricochet's pictures from his posts that deserve preserving. I wish you luck and hope the Hall of Fame spreads throughout all the sections of Rimfirecentral and preserves the works so they will live on fore-ever.

Well stated...I agree

Over the years members and their photo's have dis-appeared..it's a shame for current and future members for sure..they have no idea what they have missed. The conscientious work of a few here sure makes it a better place for everyone and I hope folks appreciate it.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:17 AM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:

Thanks- any suggestions on people to add?

I started a list-

Passinby
Chaser
Hipshot
Worslk
Chief Dave
Tuck
Azguy

Who else???

DrGunner
Old 08-19-2013, 10:19 AM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Well state...I agree

Over the years members and their photo's have dis-appeared..it's a shame for current and future members for sure..they have no idea what they have missed. The conscientious work of a few here sure makes it a better place for everyone and I hope folks appreciate it.
Check your PM, Hall of Fame needs a Chaser chapter.

And yes, you can post a few avatars so folks can identify with whose work they're perusing...

DrGunner
Old 08-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Pappy
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Check out 'Hipshot's Compendium'. It now has three chapters.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=514934

Beautiful to look at and excellent craftsmanship!!!!!

Sent from my keyboard using Hunt-n-Tap.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:24 PM
Pappy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Hipshot Compendium - Chapter 5

We now have Chapters one through five!!!!

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend and check out Hipshots latest exhibition...

Old 09-02-2013, 12:38 AM
Blacknboostn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGunner View Post
Thanks- any suggestions on people to add?

I started a list-

Passinby
Chaser
Hipshot
Worslk
Chief Dave
Tuck
Azguy

Who else???

DrGunner
Jcrowleyiv?
Old 09-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Pappy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Drum roll please..Ta..Da.....!!!!!!!!

Chapter six is ready for your perusal!

ENJOY!

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=514934

I'm truly amazed as to how one man can produce such art!

You stand in no artist's shadow, now or ever.