Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

raise your hand if your from IDAHO

11K views 73 replies 52 participants last post by  Joseph G 
#1 ·
let see how many people here are from Idaho?

#37 ·
Hey there,

Thanks for the shout out.

Boise is less like Idaho, and more like Cali every year and it makes me really :mad: The crime, & traffic stink. I'm second generation from here, and I'll never be use to this, "horrible mess" called progress. JMO

Great forum..............!!!!!!

Regards

Mark :comeandge

#38 ·
Used to live in Bonner's Ferry. Actually Moyie Springs.

Miss that place and haven't been back since the early 80's.

Beautiful place with nice people. TROUT. Riding my motorcycle all over. Hunting.

Been wanting to go back for many years but haven't made it yet. Idaho was a great place for a young boy growing up!:bthumb:

#39 ·
spokane should count

am reporting in to the idaho station. not much eastern wash rfc going on. do have home range 25 50 75 100 yd stations with lotsa fun targets as well as paper. anyone need a freebie site in or ammo check session more than welcome. also a great private, no pressure place to intro wife kids etc, without any intimidation. great place to teach safety rules without distraction. pm me if interested. am early retired so available most times. shoot straight and often

#40 ·
WOW Beaver Dave, Wish you were a bit closer to beautiful Down Town Dreary!

I have places to shoot, but would like to have some semi-formal .22 bench and 50' slow/timed/rapid shooting.

I will never put in the time or effort to attempt high level competitive shooting, but have a Clark Custom 77/22 which shoots very, VERY!! well along with a MKII slabside that shoots far better then I can, as proven with a 2X scope and tests on the bench.

Would be great to have a bit of competition to make me keep my skills sharpened up a bit.

CDOC

#44 ·
Yep, it's definitely been a long time between posts, like about two years. I moved to Idaho in 1996, and live just outside of Boise in Ada County. I usually shoot at Black's Creek, and tied for second place in the Smallbore Silhouette 100 yard match yesterday.

I came up here from California, but I wound up there courtesy of the U.S. Navy, so don't give me any guff about being one of those ****ed Californians. I fought for gun rights down there for years, but the taxes, traffic, home prices, and the idiot politics finally got to critical mass, so I pulled up stakes and moved to Idaho. Haven't regretted doing that for a second, and will probably be here until I assume room temperature.

#46 ·
Well I'm from that highly regarded Kalifornia you guys all love, but I have been to the Flying B Ranch in Kamiah, Idaho three times. They have their own brooding facilities, and put on some of the best guided bird hunts you would ever want. Loved it there and would like to go back and soak up some more of the country sometime.

#49 ·
Small world, no matter how far you travel

I worked out of Orofino in 1979 and 1980 as a USFS fishery technician, was fired for the accelerated timber harvest, and the following week went to work with IDF&G from Jerome to Coeur d'Alene (establishing instream flow survey stations at Latour Creek at Cataldo, lower Salmon River tributaries between Cottonwood and Whitebird, and a few other places, before a stint on the white sturgeon research project between Bliss and Twin Falls).

State Hospital North was in Orofino... on a nice shortcut trail from Ahsahka to BDO (Beautiful Downtown Orofino). After we closed down the big Airport Open House at KCOE (Coeur d'Alene Airport) in August 2012, I met the woman who wrote the insurance policy for Nightforce Optics.
We're having an Open Hangars event at KCOE April 23, 2016 at 2 p.m. as Murdo Cameron and Burt Rutan are opening their hangars to the public. I've been contacting EAA chapters form the Rockies to the Cascades, and we attended tonight's meeting of the Early Ford V8 Club in Spokane this evening, and will try to attract more classic cars and trucks. Cd'A Elks will be cooking burgers... Come see a few Allison V1710 engines, carbon fiber Unlimited hydroplane, carbon fiber full-size P-51 Mustang, Burt Rutan's 47th airplane build, and more. http://www.burtrutan.com http://www.cameronaircraft.com

We started Aviation Club this year, so www.aviation4all.org will be under construction. Indoor RC flying course, PC-flight simulators, Aircraft Construction Techniques and more activities for kids of all ages and abilities.

Contact me as newsletter editor at http://www.cdaairport.org

Charlie

#52 ·
Been in Boise since 1996. Besides being a shooter, I'm a Range Officer at Black's Creek during Sight In season, and involved with both Ee-Da-How and IAWCA.