Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-06-2017, 11:15 PM
travels4fun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee3 View Post
I've had air rifles since I could hold a BB gun up to my shoulder, and now own a whole bunch of them 1/2 a Century+ later.

It never ceases to amaze me though, how a fairly high percentage (relative to firearms) of >$1000 air rifles "need something" right out of the box. Sometimes an easy fix by upgrading to better o-rings, but often something more serious and expensive to fix.

Case in point; from Blackpool Air Rifles. This is a nearly $2000 airgun...

Well enough is enough ... from today we are stopping stocking the FX Impact. Sad really as I love the looks .the handling and when they aren't in the workshop being repaired the accuracy, but we simply cannot accept the ridiculous amounts of faults with them . We thought fixing them before they go out would cure most issues but the guns are still going wrong and when you have a 90% return ratio we have to face the fact...These guns are simply not saleable at the moment.
There is a glimmer of hope on the horizon. I have spoken to FX, they are working hard to resolve the issues and hence we may start to stock them again if we feel they truly have addressed the problems.
I know we are going against almost every review on Youtube and the magazines, every pundits advice and most gunshops and distributors glowing recommendations but ...well you can come to your own conclusions.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...bstory_index=0
Vee,

I was among the very first owners of the FX Impact and had it the day it got released in the States back in Dec 2015. I ended up posting my impressions and findings as I spent considerable time behind the trigger of that gun and folks were eager to hear what it was like.

I posted both the good and bad in the gun. I included pictures and videos showing scope cam footage in slow motion and many many pictures. If you are interested, here are the links to just a couple of posts I made:

FX Impact Pellet Sprial

FX Impact Issues Encountered During 1st Month

FX released the Impact prematurely before all of the bugs and kinks had been ironed out. FX used the lessons learned from paying customers who spent $2000 on the gun to make iterative improvements on the fly. This rubbed me and many other owners the wrong way.

On top of that, the gun simply has too far too many adjustments that can get an owner into trouble if they don't know what they are doing. This has lead to countless posts from frustrated owners who blame the gun for the problems they created. Most folks ended up having to send the gun back to the service center to get re-set back to factory default settings. That is the last thing one wants when spending so much money on a gun.

Anyway, now that the rifle has been out for over two years, FX has addressed or re-engineered most of the problems out of the gun so it's safe to say that any gun you buy today will be vastly improved over the earlier releases.

I hope that helps. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Scott
Old 05-07-2017, 07:27 PM
usmc1983
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have only one air pistol (Crosman .177), and one air rifle (Ruger Impact in .22), and they both shoot fine for what I use them for. I have too much wrapped up in firearms to start getting into the "expensive" side of airgunning as well.

I would like to have a couple of the RWS models I have seen though, and they are at the high end of what I would ever spend on an airgun (400-500).
Old 05-07-2017, 08:02 PM
supersharp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by travels4fun View Post
Vee,

I was among the very first owners of the FX Impact and had it the day it got released in the States back in Dec 2015. I ended up posting my impressions and findings as I spent considerable time behind the trigger of that gun and folks were eager to hear what it was like.

I posted both the good and bad in the gun. I included pictures and videos showing scope cam footage in slow motion and many many pictures. If you are interested, here are the links to just a couple of posts I made:

FX Impact Pellet Sprial

FX Impact Issues Encountered During 1st Month

FX released the Impact prematurely before all of the bugs and kinks had been ironed out. FX used the lessons learned from paying customers who spent $2000 on the gun to make iterative improvements on the fly. This rubbed me and many other owners the wrong way.

On top of that, the gun simply has too far too many adjustments that can get an owner into trouble if they don't know what they are doing. This has lead to countless posts from frustrated owners who blame the gun for the problems they created. Most folks ended up having to send the gun back to the service center to get re-set back to factory default settings. That is the last thing one wants when spending so much money on a gun.

Anyway, now that the rifle has been out for over two years, FX has addressed or re-engineered most of the problems out of the gun so it's safe to say that any gun you buy today will be vastly improved over the earlier releases.

I hope that helps. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Scott
Scott I am extremely excited as mine should be delivered sometime next week according to AOA they are saying the same thing that you have said in that most of the bugs have been worked out in the earlier rifles. I will post my findings and results once I take possession and am able to run it through its paces.CAN'T WAIT

Old 05-08-2017, 01:44 AM
travels4fun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharp View Post
Scott I am extremely excited as mine should be delivered sometime next week according to AOA they are saying the same thing that you have said in that most of the bugs have been worked out in the earlier rifles. I will post my findings and results once I take possession and am able to run it through its paces.CAN'T WAIT
Supersharp,

Congratulations and happy shooting with your new Impact. If you ever have a question about the Impact don't hesitate to ask me. I live in Phoenix AZ and used to spend at least a day or two a week over at AOA.

You should sign up for the Extreme Benchrest that AOA sponsors every Fall. You would ave a blast. I met Fredrick and Johan (Owner of FX and his son) and went shopping with them at the local Bass Pro Shop which was a blast. Also spent a lot of time with Tony Belas of Daystate who was super nice. We ended up ditching the airgun competition one afternoon to shoot my FN SCAR 17 which was priceless. The Brits couldn't believe how anyone can buy ammo from a store without a license. LOL.

With regards to your new Impact, I highly recommend that you leave the regulator alone and try not fooling with it. So many people set the pressure too high and damaged their rifles.

Have fun with you new gun!
Scott
Old 05-12-2017, 06:24 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi Scott I appreciate the offer of support and may take you up on that someday .So I just need to tell you I received my impact today and so far it has exceeded my expectations .I just got home from work and only got to fire 28 rounds .The power of the.30 cal. is unbelievable .The workmanship on the rifle seems first-rate and I'm liking the MTC scope .If I had any criticism of the rifle ,the magazine is a little difficult to load and insert ,but I'm sure part of this is a learning curve and things need to break in .The Huggett Magna suppressor is a joy and backyard friendly .Here are two 50 yard groups 10 shots each off of a bipod no rear bag .This rifle is accurate as hell I can tell the groups are only going to get better.So far this rifle is an A + .Apparently I've exceeded the amount of photos I can take maybe another donation to Rimfire Central will allow me more memory .We will see and I will send off the photos
Old 05-12-2017, 08:47 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here are the pics from the last post
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170512_184049.jpg (592.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20170512_190104.jpg (523.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-14-2017, 03:00 AM
travels4fun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very nice. I like the all black version. Mine was silver and black. I especially like the Huggett. I know Andrew Huggett personally. He's a really nice guy, very humble and super laid back. He made me a custom Huggett way back in the day for my old 30 Bobcat. It was the first of it's kind and I had to promise never to tell anyone where I got it from. I don't know what distance you typically shoot but the .30 will shoot sub MOA groups at 100 yards all day. The only thing is the trajectory at that distance is like lobbing artillery and watching it drop on the target from above. You should be able to see it clear as day.

Happy shooting!
Scott

PS - Nice Atlas bipod. I used the same setup with mine.
PSS - I attached a picture of my old Impact

Last edited by travels4fun; 05-20-2017 at 02:28 AM.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:33 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I must say, I am warming up to the Impact, and might be considering buying the next iteration or the one after.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:45 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My impact continues to deliver impressive 5 shot groups at 50 yards. So far it has worked flawlessly and sometimes two groups are just outstanding
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170520_182658.jpg (506.9 KB, 4 views)