Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:40 PM
telmanmn
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
SR-22 eats everything

Never shot Remington Golden in m SR-22 but today at the range decided to give it a try. It has eaten Winchester super x, eley, CCI, Fedreral Match and many otherss but never tried the Remington. It was a box of 525 and when loading the bullets were loose. Not pull out or fall out loose but could wiggle. I figured would have issues but shot over 100 rds. with no issues? It was an older box, bought a year a go but surprised! Pleasantly surprised. Also had some CCI SV's that would not fire in my Single ten but loaded in the SR-22 and went bang. Nothing else has never fired in the single ten. Why in the SR-22? Happy!
Old 04-21-2017, 05:57 PM
buckeyedave

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's unbelievable what it eats. That's part of what makes it a great gun.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:27 PM
dtp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Anyone tried Aguila super extra? I believe I tried it with no issues, but want to see if other had success as this ammo can bring just about everything I have to it knees.

I bought a brick on reviews claiming it's a CCI Mini Mag clone that it ain't be.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:15 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtp View Post
Anyone tried Aguila super extra? I believe I tried it with no issues, but want to see if other had success as this ammo can bring just about everything I have to it knees.

I bought a brick on reviews claiming it's a CCI Mini Mag clone that it ain't be.

Mine shoots Aguilla SE very well. It actually shoots really good in some of my 10/22's also. I've never had any problems of any kind with it. IMO at least for me it is very similar to mini mags.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:43 PM
dtp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
Mine shoots Aguilla SE very well. It actually shoots really good in some of my 10/22's also. I've never had any problems of any kind with it. IMO at least for me it is very similar to mini mags.
For me it brings buckmarks and S&W victories to their knees as well as MKIII and MKIV to a lesser extent.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:03 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
For me it brings buckmarks and S&W victories to their knees as well as MKIII and MKIV to a lesser extent.

My S&W's don't do so well with it. But they don't do so well with a lot of ammo, they are very picky.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:26 PM
bearcatter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
"SR-22 eats everything"

I bet it won't eat Brussels Sprouts. Nobody and no thing eats those........
Old 04-30-2017, 07:35 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I finally was able to get mine to the range today to shoot and I tried 4 different type of ammo. The Remington golden bullet bulk pack was fine, only one failure to fire. The CCI mini mags were great 0 issues. The federal target white box 325 ct continuously had failure to feed issues. I thought maybe it would the magazine but didn't seem to be the case. I have 3 magazines and all the same. I also had some really old Winchester xtra power and that was also giving me issues. But if I'm not count that because if you saw the condition of it you'd be surprised some of it fired at all lol. I would like to try Remington thunderbolts since I have a box of that as well.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:49 PM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I feed my SR-22 just about anything. Leftover rifle match grade ammo. A lot of Aguila SE copper washed, CCI SV, Fed 510, whatever. It eats it all.

With the suppressor it eats CCI Supressor, American Eagle Suppressor, CCI Quiet, and CCI Subsonic Segmented.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:34 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Beets will kill children....be careful with those things. 1917
Old 05-01-2017, 06:41 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatter View Post
"SR-22 eats everything"

I bet it won't eat Brussels Sprouts. Nobody and no thing eats those........
OK bearcatter......try this. Get some brussel sprouts, cut em in half. Put some olive oil on them, salt and pepper them. Place some aluminum foil on a cookie sheet, spread em out a bit and roast them in the oven 350 f for 25 min or so. See what you think.

On the other end of the pan......wash a can of chick peas..dry them on a dish towel, put them on the other end of the pan...olive oil and salt. See how you like them when you pull out the brussels. If you like boiled peanuts they taste sort of like that...the chick peas that is.

Beets.....just throw them away and use the juice for some pickled eggs. 1917