50 Yard Vintage and Unlimited Iron Sight Matches for April 2017. - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-22-2017, 01:43 PM
Brer Rabbit
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)

Don't feel lonesome. I have been stuck in that rut for some time. I keep hoping the law of averages will work out in my favor, but its beginning to look like I have a better chance of winning the lottery. As my eyes deteriorate, it seems like a 16X is my new high.

BR
Old 04-22-2017, 02:11 PM
Patriotpappy
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brer Rabbit View Post
Don't feel lonesome. I have been stuck in that rut for some time. I keep hoping the law of averages will work out in my favor, but its beginning to look like I have a better chance of winning the lottery. As my eyes deteriorate, it seems like a 16X is my new high.

BR
If you live long enough you catch up with the odds. If I'm still able to shoot at age 100 or so I look to dominate. On second thought, if I make it to 100 I will have already cheated the odds.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:43 PM
52DH&R12

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Out of practice

200-14x (Vintage) George Atkins S.W.Va
Winchester 52D, Redfield Palma, Eley Match
Harris Bi-pods and rear bag ?? A cheap one
60, damp, light switchy wind
50-4, 50-3, 50-4, 50-3

I was talking to Hank last week and I wanted to make sure a certain rifle did what I said it would do. Its been over a year since I have shot irons, gives me a reason to practice more now. Forgot how much fun it was doing this.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:39 PM
hoagiejoe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotpappy View Post
200-16x (Vintage) Sid Crane, NC (Patriotpappy) 4/22/17
Winchester 52B, Redfield Olympics, SK Standard +
Bald Eagle front, protector rear bunny bag
Sunny, 75F, Slight breeze
50-4x 50-4x 50-4x 50-4x

Shot another 16X with same equipment. At least I am consistent..that would be 4 16X targets out of 5 posted this month. Seems a 16-17X is about the limit for this shooter/rifle/ammo combo without a BIG element of luck involved. If you are not really skilled, the key to this game is shooting a whole bunch of targets and eventually the law of averages will have to reward you with 4 quality bulls in a row. I think I should be approaching the outer limits of the odds of that happening.
Ha! Good stuff
Old 04-24-2017, 10:54 PM
hoagiejoe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
April Vintage

200-18x (Vintage) Joe Spina. Placentia, CA (Hoagiejoe)
Anschutz 2013 BR50 , Anschutz rear sight with Anschutz globe, clear 2.4 front insert, Center-X
Sinclair base with /DR Greenlaw top front rest . Protektor rabbit ear rear bag.
EXCUSES for not shooting well, etc: I'm back to shooting this match with the Anschutz. I was going to keep the CZ 455 set up for it but then I saw a 100 yard match in the CZ section, so I put a scope on it.

Sunny, high 60's, winds about 2-6mph but tricky as usual (cause I'm not so good at reading it!). The max number of shots I could get in before the wind shifted was 2-3.

50-4x, 50-5x, 50-5x, 50-4x
EXCUSES for not shooting well, etc: On the A-23/5 target, the bottom right bull is my nemesis with this gun. I've probably psyched myself out at this point.

Sunny, high 60's, winds about 2-6mph but tricky as usual (cause I'm not so good at reading it!). The max number of shots I could get in before the wind shifted was 2-3.

50-5x, 50-5x, 50-3x, 48-2x

Last edited by hoagiejoe; 04-24-2017 at 11:05 PM. Reason: changed ammo from Eley Match to Center-X
Old 04-28-2017, 04:15 PM
dgapilot
US Navy NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
200-8x (Vintage) David Schober, Union Bridge, MD
H&R M12, Redfield International rear, Olympic front, Norma Tec
Caldwel Rock BR and rear bag
70s, bright sun
50-3X, 50-2X 50, 50-3X

Only the second time shooting in about 1 1/2 years, and first time with this gun. Quite impressed with it! I was having trouble with the front sight on the Winchester 52B, so those scores were terrible, plus it doesn't seem to like the Norma as much.

Next time I'll go back to SK Std Plus and see if that helps.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:36 PM
dgapilot
US Navy NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgapilot View Post
200-8x (Vintage) David Schober, Union Bridge, MD

H&R M12, Redfield International rear, Olympic front, Norma Tec

Caldwel Rock BR and rear bag

70s, bright sun

50-3X, 50-2X 50, 50-3X

Only the second time shooting in about 1 1/2 years, and first time with this gun. Quite impressed with it! I was having trouble with the front sight on the Winchester 52B, so those scores were terrible, plus it doesn't seem to like the Norma as much.

Next time I'll go back to SK Std Plus and see if that helps.

Worked on the 52 tonight. The front dovetail was loose. Seemed like the screw was bottoming in the hole. Ground a couple threads off and it's much better. Would it be a bad thing to use some thread locker on that screw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2017, 09:39 PM
Patriotpappy
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgapilot View Post
Worked on the 52 tonight. The front dovetail was loose. Seemed like the screw was bottoming in the hole. Ground a couple threads off and it's much better. Would it be a bad thing to use some thread locker on that screw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course not. The blue would be more than adequate. Then shoot the 52 again. I bet it takes out the M12 without the handicap.