How do you carry your front rest? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:24 AM
drknite

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)

Not good at posting pictures but Home Depot has a rigid tool box with wheels I use. They also make other boxes that are stackable to help carry other essentials.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:21 PM
Roguehunter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like JEE's cutting board set-up and may go that way in time.

But for now...

I've had my new BE sitting in the shipping carton waiting for warm weather. It came in molded styrofoam top and bottom. Just thought I could find a plastic storage box the same size...looked and looked. Finally found a Sterilite 16gal w/red hinges on closeout at WalMart for $9.00. Had to cut about 1/2 inch of the foam of either side, and some from each end. But finally got it to slip down to the bottom of the box. Boy, what a mess on the floor, but cleaned up with the vac.

I'll be putting the my back rest and other items in with the BE rest, so, yeah, it will be heavy. I've also been contemplating what kind of cart I could use to move everything from the truck to the bench. Haven't found a cart yet, but may just buy a light-weight two wheeler and secure box with bungie cords.

Last edited by Roguehunter; 04-22-2017 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:39 PM
PEASHOOTER67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to PEASHOOTER67
Here's some ideas gals and gents.
Amish made

Looks easy to build one.

Here's one from easy bay.

"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"

Old 04-26-2017, 11:24 AM
Nomack
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Jee - do you happen to know what number Pelican case that is?
Old 04-26-2017, 05:42 PM
oldshot50

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I have the Rock BR rest with a Green law top. I bought a Bostitch toolbox at Lowe's for about $25.00. I put the rest in (with the head turned to the side), my Protektor rear bag, an elbow bag and a couple pieces of lumber to change height when needed. Everything fits well once you figure out how to load it. It is a bit heavy, but the tool box has a sturdy handle. It also has a gasket to keep out water and two sturdy latches. It gets used hard and has performed well. Offers very good protection for my equipment. Worth a look IMO.