Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-15-2017, 06:45 PM
williwm
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)

Hyperion, your rifle "might" need a much narrower front sight than the pushbutton release model uses. I just measured one of my Walthers that uses the curved spring type lock and the narrow part of the dovetail measures 0.143" and a different Walther with the pushbutton measures 0.164" . The front sights are not interchangable on my examples. I don't know if other Walthers have this difference.

dbuffington, a difference in my Meisterbüchse and yours is the receiver on mine has the receiver grooves continuing on the front of the receiver and mine is marked on the barrel rather than the receiver. interesting, mine is serial number is 33548W

Last edited by williwm; 04-15-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:04 PM
Hyperion

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
williwm,

Mine has a downward curved (pushbutton) spring. I will see if I have anything to measure the ID (inside diameter). dbuffington has got me looking at my lens macro ability; if I can get a few shots, I will post them.

My rifle has continuous receiver grooves on the front and rear of the receiver. The top of the barrel is marked Sportmodell Walther Meisterbuchse. My serial number is 73171.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:42 PM
Wahoo57
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Hyperion, you may not need a macro lens if you have a Canon SX600HS series camera. They take outstanding close-ups with no attachments. Attached, hopefully, are three random samples that I took with my 600 and I am not a camera geek.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0181.JPG (87.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0175.JPG (83.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0165.JPG (94.3 KB, 32 views)

Old 04-17-2017, 07:15 AM
dbuffington

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
dbuffington,

My rear sight appears identical to yours. It allows the aperture disk to turn with firm finger pressure only. I would suggest you try some Kroil or other oil to loosen it up. No drift should be needed. I hope this helps.
I'll give it a try. Thanks!
Old 04-17-2017, 07:30 AM
Hyperion

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoo57 View Post
Hyperion, you may not need a macro lens if you have a Canon SX600HS series camera. They take outstanding close-ups with no attachments. Attached, hopefully, are three random samples that I took with my 600 and I am not a camera geek.
I have a Canon EOS Rebel T3i. I am checking depth of field and it looks like I will need to use a tripod to get what I want.