25 and 50 Yd USBR Vintage Smallbore Class Rules:
1. WEIGHT: No restrictions on weight, but the rifle must not exceed the original factory weight. No additional weight allowed.
2. STOCKS: Must have original stock. Or: if the stock as been modified or the original stock has been replaced with a custom, a factory stock of the same type as the original can be used. Glass bedding is allowed.
3. BARREL: Rifle must have original barrel, with no barrel tuner. The factory barrel can be shortened and recrowned. Rechambering is not allowed.
4. SCOPE POWER: No restriction on scope power.
5. TRIGGER: Must be mechanical. No electric or remote triggers. Trigger parts/springs or custom triggers can be installed for a light pull. Must be safe.
6. TARGET: Official USBR 25 Bull Target Only - to order, see http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=253835
7. RESTS: Front and rear rests, not connected and filled with sand. Windage and elevation adjustments are allowed on the front rest. BiPod front rest allowed. A large single sand bag of the "Bulls Bag" type would be allowed.
8. AMMUNITION: Not to exceed $14.00 per box of 50. Price will be before shipping or taxes.
(No Eley Red Box, Lapua Midas or RWS R50)
Prices listed on the Champion Shooters Supply Website will be our "standard price list".
The Champion Shooters Supply website:
Click on "Ammunition" on the left side of the home page.
Discontinued match grade ammunition is considered to be in the same price range as similar ammunition in current production. (No Federal 1000 A or B).
With the cost of ammunition rising: We will adjust prices in the future.
9. RESTRICTIONS: Any rifle with a benchrest type stock or a custom action or a factory action that has been "blueprinted" will not be allowed in this class. A benchrest stock is one that has a foreend with a flat bottom, more than 2.7 inches wide, and/or has the bottom of the buttstock parallel or near parallel to the bottom of the foreend.
10. From the front edge of the bench to the face of the target: 25 or 50 yards.
11. A maximum of 20 minutes is allowed to fire all sighter shots and one shot at each of the 25 record bulls.
12. If a rifle fits the rules for more than one rifle class, you can enter the rifle in each of those classes. Before you start a target, you write the rifle class on the target and enter that score in that rifle class. Do not enter that score in more than one match. You can shoot a maximum four targets per month in each rifle class where the rifle fits the rules. Post your best score(s) in the correct match thread for the month.
13. You can shoot more than one rifle each month: Not more than four targets per rifle.
14. You can shoot on an indoor range from January to March. If you shoot indoors in January through March, type (INDOORS) at the beginning of the third line of your score report..
15. Junior Shooters: The minimum age of a young person allowed in these competitions will be determined by the parent. A Junior shooter is a young persons who has not reached the age of 18. If you are a Junior: Type (Age 14): Or whatever your age, at the end of the second line of your score report.
16. If you have a screen name: Put that at the end of the second line: (RedNeck)
17. On the first line of your post, list the range (25 yd or 50 yd) that you are shooting.
25 yard entry – Shot 1-1-16
249-15x John Doe. Columbia, South Carolina. (RedNeck)
Suhl 150. Weaver T-36. Eley Black Box.
Factory barrel. 2 oz. trigger. McMillan stock. Cowen front rest.
Sunny day. 5 mph wind: 3 to 5 o'clock
50 yard entry – Shot 1-1-16
241-4x John Doe. Rapid River, Michigan (YooperJohn) (Age 15)
Suhl 150. Weaver T-36 with 1/8” dot.
Factory barrel. McMillan stock.
Overcast sky. Gusts 10 to 15 mph.