Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Interest in new production A-bolt 22 magazines?

6K views 70 replies 26 participants last post by  jcloer1 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I am working on an aftermarket magazine offering for the A-bolt 22's.

Please chime in on your interest for the following magazines:

1) 22 Magnum

2) 22 LR

Currently, I'm working on 5 round mags but please speak up if you would like to see other capacity offerings as well.

These would be produced using the same process as the ones I have been selling for the Remington 541/581/591 rifles.

Thanks for your input!

Jim

#8 ·
Hey guys I would definitely be interested in a few 22lr 5 rounders for my A bolt. I've been looking around for a spare for a few years now but couldn't bring myself to plunk down $100+ dollars for one. I really appreciate that you guys are doing this and wish you the best. This is my first post by the way.

#24 ·
Hi Abolt,

Thanks for the nudge! I'm really sorry to report that I have still been pulled away from furthering my designs in the last month or so. These are the next in line for continued development and I hope to have something to report this summer.

I really am sorry for the delay but had to take on a regular day job again. DON'T WORRY, I'm not going anywhere and Trekker will continue to produce and sell the existing mags as well as continue to develop new offerings. It just means that the development cycles will take a little longer than before.

Thanks for your understanding as well as your continued patience, patronage and trust!

Stay tuned!

Jim

#30 ·
UPDATE!! (long overdue)

Hi guys,

I'm sorry that this project has been dragging on a bit longer than hoped.

I expect to have prototypes of an updated design for the five round WMR mag next week!

I will begin designing the five round 22LR mag today. These are a bit tricky but I hope to have first round prototypes of those in the next couple of weeks as well.

Stay tuned and wish me luck! :)

Jim

#31 ·
Hi guys,

I'm sorry that this project has been dragging on a bit longer than hoped.

I expect to have prototypes of an updated design for the five round WMR mag next week!

I will begin designing the five round 22LR mag today. These are a bit tricky but I hope to have first round prototypes of those in the next couple of weeks as well.

Stay tuned and wish me luck! :)

Jim
Thanks for the update.

#32 ·
TESTERS NEEDED

Hi guys,

I have a 22WMR A Bolt that I'll use for primary development, then I'll need a couple of volunteers to test the prototypes in additional firearms.

I do NOT have an A Bolt 22LR. I will need a few testers for those mags as well.

Please PM me with your name and full contact info including a mailing address if you are interested in being a tester. I will take the first few volunteers for each type of mag.

We're likely still a couple of weeks or so from testing but I would like to have it lined up ahead of time to keep the ball rolling! :)

Thank you!

Jim

#33 ·
Still need testers!

Hi guys,

I expect to have the first round of prototypes later this week!

I have one volunteer already for testing the 22LR mags. I need two more volunteers as I will have three prototypes. My plan would be to mail one to each of the three testers, then have each tester mail theirs to one of the other testers until all three mags have been tested by all three testers.

Please PM me with your contact and mailing information if you are interested!

NOTE: in order to keep development moving quickly, please try to test your magazine and mail it to the next tester as early as possible.

Thank you!

Jim

#34 ·
Hi guys,

I expect to have the first round of prototypes later this week!

I have one volunteer already for testing the 22LR mags. I need two more volunteers as I will have three prototypes. My plan would be to mail one to each of the three testers, then have each tester mail theirs to one of the other testers until all three mags have been tested by all three testers.

Please PM me with your contact and mailing information if you are interested!

NOTE: in order to keep development moving quickly, please try to test your magazine and mail it to the next tester as early as possible.

Thank you!

Jim
I have the three testers I need for the 22LR. Thanks guys! I'll keep updating this thread as things progress.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.