Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:10 AM
mlj8e

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Factory bent bolts (ES340B/ES350B/etc)?

Does anyone know if Mauser ever shipped rimfire rifles in the late 1930 or 1940 with a factory "bent" bolt to clear a scope with low rings? If so, was the bolt proof marks and serial numbered?
Old 05-19-2017, 02:00 PM
n64atlas
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
There would have been no reason to bend a bolt in the 1930's. The Germans used high see through mounts or a mount that replaced the front sight. The grooves were mainly used for optional aperture sights. Tip off 22lr rings weren't made till the 1950's
Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM
Rarebearcat

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n64atlas View Post
There would have been no reason to bend a bolt in the 1930's. The Germans used high see through mounts or a mount that replaced the front sight. The grooves were mainly used for optional aperture sights. Tip off 22lr rings weren't made till the 1950's
Where would someone look for rings or bases to fit a ES350? I would like to mount a modern scope on mine to see how well I can do with it. Will need to use the barrel and receiver grooves, not going to drill and tap.

Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM
Eurydice

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarebearcat View Post
Where would someone look for rings or bases to fit a ES350? I would like to mount a modern scope on mine to see how well I can do with it. Will need to use the barrel and receiver grooves, not going to drill and tap.
I would have a look to EAW products; no idea at all wheither they are available in the States or not.

http://www.eaw.de/assets/files/LvP8_19_AM_kplt.pdf

Hoping this will help.
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM
aqbill

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
BKL makes some high rings that should serve quite nicely. I have seen several es 340b and es 350b Mausers with turned down and trimmed bolt handles to accommodate lower scope mounts but I think those were all done by aftermarket gunsmiths.

http://www.bkltech.com/BKL-6-Long-Do...p/bkl-257h.htm