Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

KKJ-E

4K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Prairiewalker 
#1 ·
My kkj-e arrived today and I really must learn how to post photos, because it's beautiful. Condition is excellent, wood has nice figure, bluing is probably 95%. Barrel is 23 1/2 inches. I love the way you just drop a round into the feeding tray and close the bolt, no trying to line anything up, very smooth! Everything else is just exactly like a standard kkj with a single two stage trigger, except I don't have to worry about losing the magazine! Only downside is missing front sight hood. Serial # is 24308, with no date stamp. And of course cross bolt safety and no wing safety as on all the older kkj's. I'm just like a kid on Christmas morning! And I will try to figure out this photo thing.

#2 ·
Congratulations! They are accurate little guns that are not too commonly seen. It will be hard to find a front sight hood since the design is a little bit more intricate to fit onto the sights. It shares the firing pin with the KKJ, while the KKM had two more different firing pins, depending on the triggers that they used.

If you ever see spare parts for your rifle, pick them up!

#4 ·
the E is for Einzellader, I don't know German, but the kkj-e's are single shots. It appears to be exactly the same as a standard kkj, very slender, slight Schnabel forend, cross bolt safety, but single shot. I really don't know much about them and can't find any information. If anybody knows anything about them I would love to hear it.

#17 ·
When I stumbled on it I knew I had to buy it, I really like KKJ's and I kinda have a thing for sporter weight single shots, but it took a long time to find anything on that particular model. Somewhere on this sight I found a posting of an old catalogue which identified it as a KKJ-E. I later found a short article that said they were offered as a special order item only and used in some sort of "hunter competition" in Europe in the 50's, 60's? Apparently they were offered in 22 Hornet as well and could also be had with a DST, which would have made it perfect, in my opinion. It is the only one I've ever seen at this point in time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.