Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:14 AM
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New 22lr AR build

So the old lady decided to give in and got me an AAC element 2 for my birthday, guess she was tired of hearing talk about a 22 can that and the dog getting skunked again may have been contributing factors.

I have my cz 455 threaded for the can but wanted to something of a "blaster toy" all my guns currently are purpose driven for duty other than my 22's and I realized I don't have any thing just for fun. So I decided a 22 suppressor host in an AR was needed. I looked around at what was already available, nothing met my needs or wants so I am going to build it, as much as possible to match my duty rifle, for the repetitions and manual of arms, and one thats accurate enough to keep my attention.

Barrel: Beyer 16.5" with shroud so even with suppressor oal is nearly the same.

Rail: BCM KMR Alpha 15", same as on my duty rifle yes the shroud will clear and it will be close by .15"

Upper" anderson standard i.e. cheap

Lower: plan on building of an anderson with BCM parts kit to duplicated my duty set up, until then I will use the lower of my backup rifle, also a bcm, but has ALG trigger

Bolt: CMMG

Can: AAC Element 2

Optics: Aimpoint t2 in giessele mount

back up irons and white light to follow, may be changing my duty rifle up, so 22lr will match in the end.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:15 PM
JoeLiberty
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

This is the one I did. CMMG bolt and barrel (4.5in). SiCo WarlockII.
This is my new favorite toy. Def go dedicated barrel if you want accuracy beyond 20yds or so.
If you want the manual of arms closer to ar-15 you should consider the boonie-packer "better-mag" adapter, which lets you use M&P 15-22 mags and the LRBHO works as it should. Not just the jamming follower on some black dog or cmmg mags. The bolt hold-open and release and all of the controls function just like the AR. It's great. My BAD lever works perfect.
I also use the CMMG anti-jam charging handle. No complaints yet. This thing runs like Usain Bolt and is accurate to boot.

Last edited by JoeLiberty; 05-17-2017 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:49 PM
A square 10
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
looks great , has a very clean set of lines ,