Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:12 PM
CCx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nail Gun View Post
I ended up placing it over the post the ejector\lifter spring goes over and it seems to work. It almost seems there's too much tension on the sear spring now but that's the only location I could find for it to fit. Yes, I didn't pay enough attention before disassembly...

Does anyone with one of the new M60's happen to know? Or, it the serial # on yours begins with MM can you check and report back?

Thanks for any and all help!
Yep, that's where it's supposed to go.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:23 PM
ralroadryan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My first Glenfield and post

I bought my son a Glenfield Model 60 for his birthday this weekend.. I was going to give it a good cleaning to make it look nice for him.. I've never had a Marlin Glenfiled but i thought it couldn't be that bad.. when i got to the action a few springs popped out and i thought it was going to be trash.. i found this forum and post and it saved me.. thanks a million
Old 03-09-2012, 07:53 AM
GJinNY
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralroadryan View Post
I bought my son a Glenfield Model 60 for his birthday this weekend.. I was going to give it a good cleaning to make it look nice for him.. I've never had a Marlin Glenfiled but i thought it couldn't be that bad.. when i got to the action a few springs popped out and i thought it was going to be trash.. i found this forum and post and it saved me.. thanks a million
Put up a picture! We love pictures!

Old 03-09-2012, 08:39 AM
ralroadryan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewe...64155831558722

https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewe...64155831558722

Im new to the model 60 my action is a polished and trigger is silver are these replacement parts?

Last edited by ralroadryan; 03-09-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:28 PM
ralroadryan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
here are few more of it.. i'm new to the gun and this forum so any tips info links advice would be great https://picasaweb.google.com/1164536...eat=directlink
Old 03-09-2012, 09:38 PM
GJinNY
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralroadryan View Post
Im new to the model 60 my action is a polished and trigger is silver are these replacement parts?
Trigger is normally silver on most. You would need to do the take down and cleaning yourself and sand/polish the action yourself. There is a link with pictures at the top of the semi auto page
Old 07-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Tinn-Can

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
haha holy crap thank you for this... I took mine apart without holding the hammer spring down and it blew into a million pieces and I was having a **** hard time figuring out where they all went all cleaned up and lubed with moly grease and waiting for the JB weld to set... should have bought the fast cure stuff...
Old 09-19-2012, 09:18 AM
Fuzzy Limey
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Send a message via Yahoo to Fuzzy Limey
Senility again ... ?

... it being many years since I last had my grubby li'l paws in a Marlin 60, I tried clicking on the link in Post#1 .... many times ... never get anywhere other than a load of gobbledegook about registering for some McAfee-sponsored file access software that wants to take over my "home page" ... guess I'll just have to rely on the blurry videos by other "experts" on YouTube to get the lower receiver back together- lol !

Mick

PS: Hey ... after a week of twiddling, finally got the photo file downloaded to my 'puter ... Whoopee ! Found I had the short arm of the Lifter Spring in the wrong notch ... now it woiks !

Last edited by Fuzzy Limey; 09-19-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:26 PM
leftyz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I ended up giving up on the 4shared page, google searched the filename and found it on another host.

http://www.bwgriffin.com/marlin60/Marlin60b.pdf

It's nice to know who to thank, ArrowDodger, you and your daughter did a fine job on this and here 5 years later it's still helping out tons of people, myself included. Thank you so much for putting it together!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Iron bottom
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New guy wanting to know if this works on a Mac. I surely hope so.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:38 AM
Onthespot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Man I hate not knowing computers. Want to see this but never can figure out how to. Why can't it be like photobucket or something easy where you just look at stuff?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:41 AM
leftyz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
this should be easier

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...XeCkFssG_oVgGQ
Old 02-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Onthespot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyz View Post
I got that one thanks. I guess I am looking for a field strip 989 M2 vid.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Oddog

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
More info, marlin 60 trigger mods

I have a few more things to add to the Marlin Model 60 trigger modifications mix (I have a brand new 60SN, sold the scope on the bay for $20 so it was $169!)

1) I found the serrations on the trigger to be bothersome after several hundred rounds so I filed them off and polished with very light sandpaper, very comfortable now. Took 5 minutes, the trigger metal is very soft.

2) You will in time figure out the position of the trigger assembly in relation to the action will affect the amount of play in the system and there is fore/aft play in the fit of the trigger guard assembly in the stock. Marlin tells you to move the action/receiver/barrel assembly as far back as possible (though mine is pretty much held firm when placed in the stock) and the trigger guard assembly as far forward as possible as this brings the two assemblies as close together as possible, which is a good idea. This means the tolerances between all the levers and such will be at their minimum and any movement between the action and trigger assembly will only increase the distances between parts which, while adding play, won't be unsafe. However if one doesn't tighten the screws properly (or they just loosen up on their own accord) it might be possible for the trigger guard assembly to move rearward, changing the trigger action. I put a thickness of cardboard between the rearmost part of the trigger guard and the stock to take up this thickness and ensure the trigger guard won't move. Make it thick enough to be a moderate interference fit.

3) If you don't want to go to all the trouble to install the two setscrews (or one setscrew and JB Weld the trigger) to reduce the play at the two ends of the trigger movement try putting a piece of tubing in the trigger hole that the limiter pin goes through (the larger hole in the triggger, the smaller of the two pins). This will reduce (but not eliminate) the play to get to the actual trigger/hammer/sear movement as well as the movement after hammer release. You can get the tubing at any competent hobby shop or hardware store, usually brass or aluminum.

Photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/1076640...4579/MARLIN60#

Oddog

Last edited by Oddog; 03-10-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:35 AM
yankee
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
im happy to find this, thanks for sharing I have a 60 that the hammer will not cock, gun failure to fire every time and I am not hearing the release of a hammer