Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:55 PM
M60A1Rise
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

While I love wood or fake wood rifles that 60SN looks REALLY nice. That scope looks to fit pretty neatly as well. Congrats !
Old 03-11-2017, 11:27 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Just put the same rifle on layaway today at the lgs . Wanted wood but they only had synthetic . Gave it out next month and then scope time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2017, 12:13 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
SteveLV: If you want to see what that rifle can really do, you need to combine a rear rest under the stock with a front rest. You can get a set of Allen front and rear rests (already filled with synthetic material) at Wal-Mart for not much money. Then you see some of that ammo will give you cloverleafs and some groups that may make 5-shots into one raggedy hole @25 Yards.

With the rests and taking your time on the trigger pull--most of your groups will look like the 4 shots on the CCC SV target you posted. I'm pretty sure from that group alone, that once you get better rest--your rifle is going to put the shots together in a much smaller way.

Most guys don't have the patience to push their marksmanship to the point where they can tell what the rifle can really do. So have fun, take your time and use more rests and sandbags if you can get them and pretty soon you'll see that everything that doesn't depend on you will fit inside a half inch circle easily. You might even be surprised after you get used to the trigger and can hold half a breath while squeezing off the shots--that you will be able to cover your 25 yard group with a dime.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:01 PM
SteveLV

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Squirrelbark...the rifle is definitely more accurate than the shooter. Really don't care for the Hornady rest but that is what the range has at each station. I am in the process of building a shooting stand similar to the one in the pic. Going to scale it down a bit but same idea. One pictured was for a .30 caliber rifle. Pictures (and range results) when it is ready.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:07 PM
Relativist

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I agree on the synthetic stock, when I first got my 795 I thought I'd change it out right away, but after using it I'm really liking it. Plus I'm less hesitant to do modifications to such a stock. That said, the Boyd's look really nice...
Old 03-11-2017, 06:03 PM
SteveLV

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I really like the feel of the synthetic stock. Should I ever decide to change Ebay is loaded with new/used wooden stocks for the model 60. Can't speak for the 795. It's nice to have options.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:00 PM
dean

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have a few 22 rifles and my 60 is becoming my favorite to shoot. It is just plain fun. The accuracy is beyond just plinking. It may be the best $130 22 I have shot.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:09 PM
SteveLV

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean View Post
It is just plain fun.
That's about it! Hard to put a price tag on the number of smiles at the range...
Old 03-17-2017, 04:39 PM
Mikes250r

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLV View Post
Added a Simmons 22Mag 4x scope and a DIP drop-in target trigger. It's set up to have a small amount of pre-travel before it goes bang. Range session coming up this Thursday or Friday...

Black Beauty! I love the black on black. I have a stainless that I swapped the wood stock out for a synthetic stock and love it. Its so light so I don't mind totin it around all day. I put a KAT in it and it is my "huntin" rifle. Yours is sexy.
Old 03-17-2017, 07:31 PM
SteveLV

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Mike! I agree she's a good lookin' beast. Since that pic was taken I have added a Butler Creek Mountain sling in black nylon. Have yet to have a one hole 5-shot group but I'm getting closer...

Old 03-18-2017, 10:00 AM
OlGeezer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like it, Steve. I have been looking at the 60 and trying to find a reason to not buy one!

Nice to see the 25 yard results. I am looking forward to seeing the new rest and the 50 yard targets.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:50 AM
SteveLV

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks OG. Hope you take the plunge and buy one. Here's a pic of the almost finished rest. Should be ready to test it out next week. So far the only thing I have had to buy is the threaded rod and the adjustment knobs. Think I have about 15 bucks in the project.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:20 PM
Carbineguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow, sweet new Model 60!

I just finished posting elsewhere that I am debating getting a new 60 or 795 and can't decide which one to get.

I saw this thread and had to add my two cents... I also have find memories of a 60, in this case given to me by my folks when I was a young man, back in 1988. I still have that rifle but now she wears a factory laminate stock. Lots of great memories... and I recall that that rifle loved CCI as well

I love the new, shorter and lighter design of the 60 and 795. Your 60 looks so sweet in the synthetic, I'm really on the fence!

Be well.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:09 PM
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbineguy View Post
Wow, sweet new Model 60!

I just finished posting elsewhere that I am debating getting a new 60 or 795 and can't decide which one to get.

I saw this thread and had to add my two cents... I also have find memories of a 60, in this case given to me by my folks when I was a young man, back in 1988. I still have that rifle but now she wears a factory laminate stock. Lots of great memories... and I recall that that rifle loved CCI as well

I love the new, shorter and lighter design of the 60 and 795. Your 60 looks so sweet in the synthetic, I'm really on the fence!

Be well.

Solution...

Get both !!!
Old 06-20-2017, 08:00 PM
SteveLV

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbineguy View Post
Wow, sweet new Model 60!

Be well.
thanks Carbineguy! Let us know which one (or both) you select...

Either way you can't go wrong...