Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:30 AM
Figsy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
KIDD Trigger Disassembly/Reassembly

Hi All,

I have been contemplating getting either a Kidd single or two stage trigger. I am curious to know how they differ from the Ruger factory triggers. Does anyone know if there are instructions anywhere on dissasembly/reassembly of Kidd triggers?
Old 01-03-2017, 10:02 AM
RCP Phx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They are completely different!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ks6...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHy2rlTbzis
Old 01-03-2017, 10:13 AM
Smoothtrigger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The two stage ls much more complex.

There's no reason to take it apart because its very easy to keep clean. You certainly would not to need to upgrade any parts. I don't know of any that would be better!

If it did need to be worked on (unlikely), just send it back to KIDD.

In fact I just did that to have the trigger pull dropped. Cost me $6 to send it, and they charged $5 to return it. Took 7 days.

I just picked up the single stage, and it appears to be pretty straight forward.
Still can't think of a reason why you would want to mess around with it.

Smooth

Last edited by Smoothtrigger; 01-03-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:35 AM
stevebla
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a Kidd single stage and think it is the best gun money I ever spent. No creep and crisp break. I don't take it apart I use action blaster and compressed air to clean and light gun oil. Has been a joy to shoot with and has enabled me to work on my shooting. Enjoy your project.

Last edited by stevebla; 01-03-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:38 PM
Figsy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Thanks all, I really appreciate the info.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:42 PM
FiremanBob
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Agree that you should never have to take your Kidd trigger group apart. I took a single stage TG apart in order to photograph the parts for a blog article. There are details that require specific methods to take it apart - in particular, the hammer pin holes are two different sizes and the pin can only go out one way. It is also extremely tight-fitting, and the amount of hammering force required to move it is disturbing. If you should ever need to disassemble the TG to clean inner parts, you do not need to mess with the trigger return module in the back, and I wouldn't ever try to remove it.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:30 AM
CardPuncher
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figsy View Post
Hi All,

I have been contemplating getting either a Kidd single or two stage trigger. I am curious to know how they differ from the Ruger factory triggers. Does anyone know if there are instructions anywhere on dissasembly/reassembly of Kidd triggers?
I have the 2-stage and, as said, don't even think about taking it apart. See this thread (ignore some of the advice) http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=746601
and note this post where Kidd says Gunscrubber & compressed air or send it to them.

"...We offer the service of cleaning your trigger at the cost of return shipping with is $5.00. We recommend spraying some gun scrubber into the trigger unit and blowing it out with compressed air. If your trigger needs more than that I would ask if you sent the trigger into us. We use an ultrasonic cleaner here but we will also grease and oil the trigger in the proper areas..."

As for other differences - if you want a good single-stage trigger, you don't have to spend a lot especially if you have some good stones, patience and are a DIY type. If you want a mind-blowing trigger that cost more than a basic 10/22 - get the 2-stage.