Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-12-2016, 01:03 PM
Shellwaster

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
PAC Lite barrel anyone?

I've got a Ruger Standard made in either '52 or '53 and I'm considering a PAC Lit barrel from Tac Sol for the ability to host a suppressor.
Anyone have any experience, positive or negative, with this barrel?
Old 12-18-2016, 03:26 PM
irishbob

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't have experience with it, but I have to ask and please don't take this the wrong way.... assuming you can afford it, why wouldn't you pick up a 22/45 or similar that's threaded to run a suppressor, instead of using a 60yr old Standard and putting a new barrel on it?? Just seems like something that shouldnt be done to a pistol like that. Again, just curious if you want to answer. It's your pistol, have fun with it as you may!
Old 12-18-2016, 04:20 PM
Shellwaster

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbob View Post
I don't have experience with it, but I have to ask and please don't take this the wrong way.... assuming you can afford it, why wouldn't you pick up a 22/45 or similar that's threaded to run a suppressor, instead of using a 60yr old Standard and putting a new barrel on it?? Just seems like something that shouldnt be done to a pistol like that. Again, just curious if you want to answer. It's your pistol, have fun with it as you may!
The grip and trigger on it are perfect and that is why I'd keep the "lower". Nonetheless you'll be glad to know I've decided not to pursue that any longer and use that $200 towards a suppressor and use my SR22 and 10/22 as hosts. I imagine Ruger will create the Mark IV with a threaded 22/45 Lite like barrel.