Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:04 PM
doclu60
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Scope cover

First time I have seen this sub-forum. I posted this item for free in the TCP, this looks like a better place.

Another member helped me out just today on an obscure cover for a scope I own. I had an almost as obscure cover I had no use for and offered it to him for the same deal he offered me, I'll mail it to you for no charge. He had no use for it and declined.

So, here it is. Not worth much, funky size, but someone may need it, and it's free. Butler Creek #51 OBJ. 2.575" (65.4mm) flip open objective cover. If someone can use this, I will be happy to mail it to you for no charge at all, the same as another member is doing for me. Just PM me and it's done. I will post here when it is gone. Part is NIB. ****I was scrounging around today and found a second cover, same size, also NIB. So I have 2****

I don't need any publicity. Just want to send someone something they could use and I don't need. Just PM's please. Thanks

Edit: I deleted the posts on the TCP after a less than complimentary comment was made there.

Last edited by doclu60; 11-26-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-27-2016, 02:31 PM
RCrosby257
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Scope Cover

doclu60
Have no use for the covers, but your reference to a "less than complimentary comment" reminded me of what my Grandmother said when a shocked friend said
"What will the neighbors think?"

Gram's response,

"Don't worry about the neighbors. They talk alot. But "thinkin", well they just don't have it in 'em."
Old 12-06-2016, 09:41 AM
teetertotter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Scope Shield

I am using scopeshield that covers the entire scope.
https://scopeshieldcover.com/catalog/colors-camo-0

Even if you have tall turrets like I have, it will cover them and then some. It stretches to lock in place to protect the entire scope body + lenses. I required their SS16 and works nicely with my 17 inch long scope with sun shade.

Even though I am not a hunter, where the scope might be carried in dense foliage, I keep the cover nearby at the range. I might lay the my scoped rifle in the bench during times of sighting in, where the scopeshield cover gets put back on, for example. Anyway, I like the coverage that this cover provides on my scope.