Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:09 AM
HIghstandardguy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStacy View Post
"Perhaps "MKI" should be used to describe all the first generation Ruger .22 Pistols;"
actually there is no such animal as a MKI . If it was not a Ruger standard it was a Mark I . Ruger did not refer to them as MK II & MK III until the MK II came out.
Not sure what the last statement means. My MKI has "MARK I" clearly stamped on the receiver and it was made before the MKIIs came out. Same for my MKIIs and MKIIIs.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:55 AM
SGW Gunsmith
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Getting "hung-up" on semantics now. This thread was started because I found a whole bunch of Ruger RST4 & 6 (catalog names/numbers) pistols listed on a web auction site that the sellers were listing as Ruger Mark (MK) I pistols rather than what the pistols actually are marked, "Ruger Automatic Pistol".

I feel a seller, at least owes it to a potential buyer to list these pistols for what they are, and not expect a "first time buyer" for example, to know all the catalog numbers. One famous auction site even has a latin phrase posted in plain "Latin", for all to see:

"Caveat Emptor", maybe that phrase should be posted in English, which translates roughly into "let the buyer beware".
Old 12-14-2016, 06:10 PM
SATCOM2
US Army Disabled American Veteran GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Many want to learn, others do not. Went to LGS/FFl holder to pick up 5 Ruger .22 autos. Paper work was given to a young man with instructions to “Log in those Mark Is”. The pistols were a RED Eagle RST (No RST6 nor Mark 1 T-678 as they had not been invented at the time of manufacture of this 03XX gun). He put Mark I in log book. Next was # 0220X RST logged as Mark 1. Next was a Red Eagle Mark 1 T-678 logged as Mark I. The RST6 was logged as Mark 1. Last was a T-514 (target sites but short barrel) correctly as Mark 1. Some time during his writing I asked if he knew all these guns were not Mark Is and would he like me help show him differences. Replay was “No they are all look like Mark 1s.” I said nothing.

Over the years, I have observed that when SGW Gunsmith provides advise, you can take it to the bank. JMO

SATCOM2