Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:42 PM
lostinthewoods

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC12 View Post
Nice set up, where did you find the full length rail for the 10/22?
Rear sight and rail is an NDS-26 http://www.nodakspud.com/NDS-22.htm

Forend rail is from Amega Mounts. http://www.amegamounts.com/#
Old 06-02-2016, 05:28 PM
Empe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I appreciate all the suggestions and feedback . I think I'll probably go with either a Vortex Venom or a Burris Fastfire III . Either one can be had for about $225.00 perhaps less . The Vortex comes with a lifetime guarantee not sure about the Burris.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:40 PM
steelduces
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empe View Post
I appreciate all the suggestions and feedback . I think I'll probably go with either a Vortex Venom or a Burris Fastfire III . Either one can be had for about $225.00 perhaps less . The Vortex comes with a lifetime guarantee not sure about the Burris.
I use the C-More on both 22/45 lite and the 10/22 and have been using them for about 3 years without a problem. I think they can be purchased for around $230. C-More is what I see most at the steel challenge shoots and that is why I went with it and have not been disappointed. Tried a cheaper sight that did not last very long.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:59 PM
windsearcher
US Navy NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via ICQ to windsearcher
assuming you don't want to Spend major money on the red-dot, I would suggest one of the following:

Primary Arms Red Dot... (I have an "original Red Dot" that is "ok" .... their newer models are supposed to be better). Less than $70 delivered. I had one that was way out of warranty and it failed.... I contacted Primary Arms and they really went out of their way to make it right. Customer Service there is GREAT!!!! (well, was for me)

Better option may be the Bushness TRS 25... .also well under $100 and gets some of the best reviews out there.

For a little more $$ There is the Vortex Red Dot and the Lucid HD7.

I've done a WHOLE BUNCH of research, testing and trials and plenty of errors...... and for the less expensive options out there, I think you may find those to be some of your better choices. If you were using this on a Self Defense Rifle to trust your life to, I would suggest something like the Aimpoint PRO / Eotech / Trijicon or similar... but that is also a LOT more money even for one of those one sale.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:57 PM
jg-biker
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Sorry I'm late to the party. I've been shooting steel matches fo a long time. What I show below is what my wife and I have been using in matches.
Recently I decided to buy a 1022 at a Black Friday sale and try it at steel matches. But I needed a red dot for it. So I have a cheap ADE red dot I bought from Optics Factory that's been mounted on my Marlin 1894 .44 mag for a while and it hasn't given out.
It has a nice sharp round 5 moa dot. It was well worth the $44.00 I paid for it

http://www.opticsfactory.com/rifle-s...stol-or-rifle/

This is a J Point 6 moa on .22 conversion

This is a 8 moa C-More on a .22 conversion

My Spikes dedicated.22 has a C-More 8 moa dot

My wife's dedicated Spikes .22 has an older 6 moa Tasco Prp Point
Old 12-31-2016, 06:43 PM
hdrk1111
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Had a Vortex Strike fire II, Hell on batteries. Switched to an Aimpoint pro. Life is good . Planet optics 388.00 2inch MOA.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:24 PM
cwlongshot
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empe View Post
SO, what did you get?

I have had a few. A used older Aimpoint can be a wonderful quality site for the cost of a lesser brandy new site.

I have a RMR and its nice, but cant see that cost of a fun gun that did not cost that much...

I currently have a REDFIELD Accelerator on my plate gun and like it.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/REDFI...g&gclsrc=aw.ds

CW