Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-30-2016, 04:30 PM
Empe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Red Dot Sight...10/22

Looking for recommendations for a red dot sight for use on a 10/22 at steel plate matches . I see them priced anywhere from less $50.00 to more than several hundred $$ I don't mind spending what I need to for a decent sight but I don't want to spend more than I have to.
I would prefer a dot size I can adjust and above all else it must be reliable .
Old 05-30-2016, 05:51 PM
lostinthewoods

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Of the adjustable dot size sights Match Dot is the only one I have tried that did not exhibit poi shift when changing dot size.

http://www.ultradotusa.com/ultradotdist2010_006.htm
Old 05-30-2016, 07:37 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Trijicon RMR

Old 05-31-2016, 01:11 AM
frozen
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Burris fast fire

I use Burris fast fire 2 on my 10/22 race gun , holds zero so far 1000 rounds or so😁
Old 05-31-2016, 01:51 AM
6PtStar

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have never found a real need for the adjustable dot size on my 10-22 that I shoot in steel matches. I settled on a Bushnell TRS-25, at less than $100 it works very well. Very durable and the battery life is great. Just does not have an adjustable dot size. The dot is 3 moa but is very easy to find.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:23 AM
Empe

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6PtStar View Post
I have never found a real need for the adjustable dot size on my 10-22 that I shoot in steel matches. I settled on a Bushnell TRS-25, at less than $100 it works very well. Very durable and the battery life is great. Just does not have an adjustable dot size. The dot is 3 moa but is very easy to find.
How long have you been using it and have you found it to be reliable ?
Old 05-31-2016, 12:54 PM
weblance

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I have a Primary Arms Advanced Micro Red Dot on my Takedown, and its been a great sight. MUCH brighter than my FastFire III, and I like the way it operates better. Its a bit larger than the FFIII, but its easier to operate the on-off buttons, and I like that it comes on at the last intensity level, with the first button push. $170
Old 05-31-2016, 01:11 PM
gwc1584
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Las year, I used a Aimpoint PRO for steel match targets. Very easy to pinpoint the steel and it has several red dot settings. I switch the PRO between the 10-22 and a M-4.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:48 PM
6PtStar

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empe View Post
How long have you been using it and have you found it to be reliable ?
Had it on my 10/22 for 2years shooting steel matches and have one on a AK for longer than 2 years. Probably 2000 rounds through it. No problems with eather one. Both have been great.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:32 AM
rawhp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If you're going to spend less than, say $150, then get the TRS-25. Anything else in the lower price range and you're taking your chances on wasting your money. If you want better quality, then the next price point is $175 and above. So if you start in the lower price range, and decide you want a better sight you won't kick yourself, since you can still use the TRS-25 on another rifle or pistol (it's decent quality, has repeatable click adjustments, low profile, and lighter that the cheap reflex sights), instead of throwing it in your junk drawer.

If you watch Amazon, the price fluctuates almost daily between $80 or so, and as low as the mid-$50s. I bought mine for $60 after watching the price for a couple of weeks.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:21 AM
zingbee

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I recently picked up TRS25 from my local shop for $50.00. He has a lot of them. I haven't shot with it yet but I think it will work for me. I've mounted it on my take down.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:57 AM
Triskaideka
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For sub $100, The Bushnell TRS-25 is pretty much the best.
For $100 - $200, the Vortex Sparc II or a Holosun.
For $200 - $300, Burris Fastfire III, Holosun, or Vortex
For $300 - $400, A few more Vortex options, maybe EOTech, Meprolight or C-More
For $400 - $500, Trijicon MRO or RMR, EOTech, Aimpoint
For $500+ Aimpoint or Leupold Deltapoint.

Honorable Mentions: SigSauer Romeo series
Best in class: Leupold D-EVO

There are a lot of options. Pick a good one and you'll be happy. I wouldn't recommend anything that can change the reticle. You're just spending money on a gimmick over construction quality, materials, and optical clarity. As long as you pick the correct dot size for the application (larger dots for faster target acquisition, smaller dots for higher precision) then you're good to go.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:36 PM
lostinthewoods

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a Holosun on my TD and a Primary Arms (Made by Holosun) ok my MKIII. They Primay Arms is several years old and has been on a few different gjns and has performed flawlessly. I have replaced the battery a few times. The Holosun is only a few months old but has some nice improvments over the earlier Primary Arms sight including better parallax performance. The Holosun is parallax free at 30 feet while the Priamary Arms is parallax free at 50 yards. I can see how this could be significant differentiator between the two for speed shooting at closer distances.

Battery life on the Holosun is also much better at something like 40,000 hours. It also has an auto on/off feature. This function allows you to set the duration of inactivity before the sight will go to sleep to save battery power. I have tested a bunch of times and it turns back on at the previous setting with the slightest movement.

The dots on both sights are very clear and round. I have had this confirmed by my 13 year old daughter as my astigmatism causes me to see a small blob as apposted to a nice crisp round dot.

They are both compatible with Aimpoint micro mounts. Here is a pic of both of mine

Last edited by lostinthewoods; 06-02-2016 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:25 PM
JC12
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinthewoods View Post
I have a Holosun on my TD and a Primary Arms (Made by Holosun) ok my MKIII. They Primay Arms is several years old and has been on a few different gjns and has performed flawlessly. I have replaced the battery a few times. The Holosun is only a few months old but has some nice improvments over the earlier Primary Arms sight including better parallax performance. The Holosun is parallax free at 30 feet while the Priamary Arms is parallax free at 50 yards. I can see how this could be significant differentiator between the two for speed shooting at closer distances.

Battery life on the Holosun is also much better at something like 40,000 hours. It also has an auto on/off feature. This function allows you to set the duration of inactivity before the sight will go to sleep to save battery power. I have tested a bunch of times and it turns back on at the previous setting with the slightest movement.

The dots on both sights are very clear and round. I have had this confirmed by my 13 year old daughter as my astigmatism causes me to see a small blob as apposted to a nice crisp round dot.

They are both compatible with Aimpoint micro mounts. Here is a pic of both of mine

Nice set up, where did you find the full length rail for the 10/22?
Old 06-02-2016, 02:05 PM
satchel22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Check out the vortex strike fire ii. Very nice sight comes with a screw on 3x magnifier, flip caps, and mount