Disassembling, cleaning, and re-assembling the Ruger 10/22 rotary magazine. - Page 6 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:55 PM
LDThornton

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

I think the majority of people tighten the magazines to 8 flats.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:49 AM
Schooner1
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
If tightening the bolt all the way makes the rotor bind, that means that the ends of the rotor or the holes they turn in have a slight burr or the rotor is just barely too long. Instead of not tightening the bolt all the way and introducing other problems, just fix the burr and/or slightly sand and polish the ends of the rotor.
Hi Jason

To change the subject a bit can you tell me please; Is there any product/item that can be placed on my plastic stock of my TakeDown that will lift my check a bit higher ?
[/I][/I]
Old 08-04-2015, 12:05 PM
TXNimrod

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cool

Quote:
To change the subject a bit can you tell me please; Is there any product/item that can be placed on my plastic stock of my TakeDown that will lift my check a bit higher ?
Welcome to RFC. You don't have experience here, it is better not to "change the subject" but rather to start a thread asking your question. This particular thread doesn't get a lot of traffic, try posting in the "Anything 10/22" section for more answers.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:10 PM
22MagRuger
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Talking Cleaning the 10/22

Some years ago a good friend showed me how to disassemble and re-assemble my 10/22 for cleaning. I think This very easy process should be learned and used by all 10/22 Owners...and that knowledge passed on to new owners.

Just this past weekend I offered to upgrade my Brother-in-Laws 35 year old 10/22 with a new Synthetic Buffer with one of the "Tuffer Buffers". My 'BIL' (brother-in-law) told me he had NEVER disassembled his 10/22 for cleaning. I warned him that we would find the bolt and receiver area very dirty....And we did too!!!! With some Hoppe #9, A Brush and some Slip2000 we turned this great old rifle into a very clean and smooth operating 10/22. He also learned how easy and valuable this knowledge really is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZjHaGBgHs0

I encourage everyone who owns this great gun to follow the links provided here or go to "youtube" to watch and learn how to disassemble and re-assemble your 10/22 for cleaning.

IT REALLY IS EASY!!!!!

You won't be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary Fields, 68, Vancouver, Washington
Old 09-04-2016, 04:22 PM
jinx18

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I figured I would bump this thread with a comment as opposed to starting a new thread since this seems to have all the info in one spot.

I just disassembled, cleaned and reassembled 3 Factory Ruger 10/22 magazine. Each one of them had the spring tension of 2 full 360 degree rotation or 12 sides of the hexagon. Not sure if Ruger changed anything over the years but just sharing my experience. I have noticed some others in this thread found the same thing when marking their magazines.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:36 PM
Daagak

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi, Im about to buy a 10-22 and was wondering after how many shots should I clean the mags?
Old 02-15-2017, 07:10 PM
Ricekila
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daagak View Post
Hi, Im about to buy a 10-22 and was wondering after how many shots should I clean the mags?
3 years worth
Old 02-15-2017, 07:29 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have not read through this whole thread and I'm sure many have said to use the Borelsport 10/22 mag assembly tool .I personally have one and use it and it works great .He also has a video on the website and instructions included on how to use it. As far as cleaning goes nothing more than an oily rag is ever needed for removing all the carbon and fowling buildup .Once its apart I wipe it with a clean dry rag removing any excess oil and put it back together with the Borelsport tool and you should be good to go!!