Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:45 PM
LDThornton

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbstern View Post
Staci was in her early fifties when she passed. I knew her personally. Had the privilege of fishing with her a few times, and she was a regular on a web site I run.

She was a complicated person, not always easy to deal with. But, more than anything, she genuinely liked people and enjoyed helping and sharing.

She dealt with some difficult issues. She was diabetic. She survived a couple of heart attacks, a quad bypass, and numerous health issues related to diabetes. The fact that she was fiesty and high spirited, despite her life challenges is a testament the zest she had for life.

She shouldn't have been out in the woods alone. That she was, despite the risk, tells you what you need to know about who she was and what she loved.
Thanks for sharing. I always enjoyed her posts and her pictures. Her posts brought back good memories for me of when I was a kid. I will always remember her for that. I did a lot of visualizing about squirrels and trees every time I read her posts. I will miss her.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:55 PM
A square 10

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
i did not know her , and yet i do , im sad to hear her gone so young , i think this an old thread but i can relate and find this a very provocative exchange , im glad there were those here that remembered ,
Old 02-04-2012, 12:48 AM
mortismaker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I also missed knowing her. I have read though a few of her posts and am amazed at the detail in them. She was obviously a giving person. I regret that I will never get to directly communicate with her and like A square 10, I am saddened by her passing and all of our loss.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Carlsbad

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sorry I missed her. I grew up in Missouri in the 60's shooting squirrels. Lots of squirrels and rabbits to eat, coons for their pelts and birds. The birds were for catfood and to feed our pet owl. --Jerry
Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 PM
jefferson24

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I recall reading her posts on the boat owner's site that I belong to, the one Rich mentioned earlier. She was pretty neat. Never met her but wished I had.

Last edited by jefferson24; 02-06-2013 at 08:44 PM.