Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:46 AM
sscoyote
US Air Force

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New Chinese Optic Very Good For LR Apps.

Just purchased one of these scopes for my Ruger Charger/Kidd barreled pistol and love it. Passes most of my optics tests except reticle movement with parallax change between 50 and 10 yds. (~2 mil movement). Love the 13" OAL, total reticle+turret =49 mil compensation, and surprising edge to edge clarity. Finally someone put a Horus-type reticle in an affordable scope that's great for LR 22 apps., IMO--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAwGcx-QHdc
Old 12-21-2016, 11:05 AM
deebo11b

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It seems that the people who buy Primary Arms scopes really like them, from what I have read.

I was looking at this one for awhile. It seems pretty neat.

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-a...20group%20%231
Old 12-23-2016, 07:54 AM
sscoyote
US Air Force

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It does look good for hunting and some long-range plinking apps. Probably work just great. Often wish that all scopes should come with some sort of low profile target elevation turret though for a low cost option, or at least as an install if desired. I'd bet that little 6X has a lot of adjustment in it that could be utilized. They often are pretty good for tracking and return to zero qualities. PA does get good customer service reviews also.

I have used the older PFI 3-9X for years for long-range plinking, and it's my favorite for a field 22. It has the cheapest looking target turret, but it works great. And it's easy to calc. addtl. turret come-ups for ranges beyond the reticle's "200-yd." stadia line that has 2 long windage units either side of reticle axis divided into 4 repeating intervals that's the most fun windage system I've ever used with any reticle. But they didn't put a target turret into the newer 3-12X/30mm, which is a real shame, IMO.

Last edited by sscoyote; 12-23-2016 at 08:11 AM.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:27 AM
KKG515
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Just can't bring myself to buy Commie when the Leupold scopes are still made here on American soil. I'm sure there are times I have gotten "Stuck" but I've also been known to scrap something when I found out.
Old 12-26-2016, 11:53 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
98% (117)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKG515 View Post
Just can't bring myself to buy Commie when the Leupold scopes are still made here on American soil. I'm sure there are times I have gotten "Stuck" but I've also been known to scrap something when I found out.
To bad that's not true, only the Golden Ring scopes are made in the USA & all the glass is imported, Sorry to burst your bubble.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:22 AM
azshot
US Navy NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Buy American, as much as you can. Leupold is made in America, just as Ford trucks are. Their engines are made in Mexico, and glass for scopes hasn't been made in America (B&L) for a long time, from what I can tell. But the workers, engineers, resturants, gas stations, and all around the Leupold plant appreciate my business. Buying a Chinese scope because "it's cheap" is what got America to have the 15% manufacturing we did 25 years ago. Cheap labor, cheap/hack engineering. The CEO and Chinese stock holders make out, but the consumer gets what they pay for (cheap everything), and zip for American workers and small business owners that support local industry. Of course, Union greed is what drove all manufacturing offshore, from steel to optics to machine work.

Last edited by azshot; 01-02-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:01 PM
FV-SR
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Vortex Chinese.....cheap....and better than comparable leopolds
Old 01-28-2017, 08:12 PM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azshot View Post
Buy American, as much as you can. Leupold is made in America, just as Ford trucks are. Their engines are made in Mexico...
surprise!

http://www.whiteoutpress.com/article...nger-made-usa/

if you want a vehicle that was made in america...buy a toyota camry
Old 03-20-2017, 12:08 PM
Bamarammin87
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
49 mils?!?

check out athlon for legitimately decent "cheap" optics.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:37 AM
eastbank
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
the earth is flat, the moon is made out of blue cheese, if you believe that i,ll sell you a unicorn. eastbank.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:22 PM
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscoyote View Post
Just purchased one of these scopes for my Ruger Charger/Kidd barreled pistol and love it. Passes most of my optics tests except reticle movement with parallax change between 50 and 10 yds. (~2 mil movement). Love the 13" OAL, total reticle+turret =49 mil compensation, and surprising edge to edge clarity. Finally someone put a Horus-type reticle in an affordable scope that's great for LR 22 apps., IMO--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAwGcx-QHdc
An interesting reticle, but so "busy" that I wonder how useful it would be for hunting applications.

The price is under $120, not too much to risk, though.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:25 PM
'ol shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (112)
I agree, reticle is way too busy. I have something similar in a couple cheapie Nikko Stirling scopes, but much simplified. It lights up red or green with dimmer control.

The Vortex Strike Eagle on my M&P 15 is an inverted version, more or less.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:13 PM

TPC Rating: 
98% (117)
I like SWFA SS fixed power, 6,10,12,16,20x, 30mm tube, 120 moa horiz & vert adjustment, built like a tank, lifetime warrenty for anyone no receipt needed, $299 MOA or Mil Rad, at Thanksgiving they throw in a level, rings & sell for $259. Ratedd for 50 caliber & have held up on 338 Lapua Mags. Best scope for under $1000 I've found & I have Leupolds & Japanese 10-50x60 Sightrons.