NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Shelby here.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:58 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
nc

Somebody just woke up. Months since last post.
I will add my where at. Not far from Boone NC. Close to Pogie.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:40 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I live in

Candler, west of Asheville. Asheville city limits ends where Candler starts.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:22 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
A'villes a great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there, we go there often with our Son and his family, you can get a contact high just walking around downtown on a weekend.
Asheville and the surrounding area was nice when I was growing up here. Mostly farm land around the area back then. Lots of open government land to hunt then too. Population has exploded in the last twenty or thirty years.Highways are just big parking lots. Hardly any farms left. Government land is full of hikers and bicycles. I stopped hunting because every place I went there was a crowd. I do not go downtown unless I just have to. I-26 between Asheville and Henderville most of the time is a nightmare. People are moving in by the hundreds each month. Apartment buildings are going up all over the area. Lots of single family houses being built all over the place.
Okay I'll stop complaining It's still better than some places I have have been or heard about.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:01 PM
K22
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickR View Post
Asheville and the surrounding area was nice when I was growing up here. Mostly farm land around the area back then. Lots of open government land to hunt then too. Population has exploded in the last twenty or thirty years.Highways are just big parking lots. Hardly any farms left. Government land is full of hikers and bicycles. I stopped hunting because every place I went there was a crowd. I do not go downtown unless I just have to. I-26 between Asheville and Henderville most of the time is a nightmare. People are moving in by the hundreds each month. Apartment buildings are going up all over the area. Lots of single family houses being built all over the place.
Okay I'll stop complaining It's still better than some places I have have been or heard about.
You just aren't far enough West.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:02 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by K22 View Post
You just aren't far enough West.
I know!
Old 03-20-2017, 07:59 PM
jackfrost
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
No one from Lenoir??

Twenty pages and no postings from Lenoir. I live in Alabama now but grew up in Lenoir. I started out with a Marlin 60 but have added many .22 firearms since then.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:08 PM
Buzz Yooper

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Riverside Gun Club, Richfield, North Carolina

I'd like to extend and invitation to folks to visit our club at Richfield, NC.

http://www.riversidegunclub.org/

We have a rimfire benchrest shoot, the first saturday of every month. We have 3 classes of rifles for the shoot.

We have a "sporter" class, which is your basic factory type rifle, in stock dress. scope power is not limited, rifle may be action bedded and trigger job allowed, but stock action, and barrel must be stock.

We have a "vintage" class, which is essentially vintage CMP type rimfires, Winchester 52's , H&R M12, and those type rifles.

And we have a "Match" class, which is basically as much money as you care to put into a rifle, or as much money as your wife will let you soak into one.

Our Matches are in an Indoor Range, concrete bench rest tables, 50 yards..... Don't have to worry about wind flags, rain, sleet, snow, etc., and we have a friendly group of folks.......

If you have any questions about the place, let me know.

Check us out, you do not have to be a Member to compete in the monthly competition, and our membership rates are very reasonable....

Last edited by Buzz Yooper; 03-21-2017 at 03:12 PM.