Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:56 PM
headhunter2
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Vostok Mu-55 pistol

Well I am usually on the Mossberg site but today had my Vostok MU-55 out for its first range test. Problem one is these old eyes and problem two is the shakes. But I enjoy shooting so off the the range I went. Boy does it have a hair trigger! Only put about 6 sets of 5 rounds through it. Last set was with a barrel weight which really tightened the group up. Shooting at 20 yards. Only 3* above after -3* in the morning at the rifle side of the range. Single shots sure save ammo. The first couple of sets were just getting use to the hair trigger. Second from last group just proved I wasn't use to the hair trigger as I missed the (pistol) target completely (only missed shot).

Any new information out there on these? I have a copy of the manual and parts list. What is the current pricing on these? I have the case complete except the oil bottle is empty. This appears to be a 1983 model as the serial number starts with 83 and ends just above 250.

Sure wish I had this when it came out. I could still shot then. It needs a better shooter than me but it is still fun to shoot or even just to show at at the range with. -= headhunter2
Old 02-02-2017, 03:51 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Man, I would LOVE the see this Vostok. I only have one Russian pistol, an IZH-35M, if you don't count the IZH-46M pellet gun. Just picked up a gorgeous Tula MTs-12 rifle, but my lust for Russky shooters is not yet quenched!
Old 02-03-2017, 05:32 PM
headhunter2
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pictures added

See if I can get another

And the 3rd

Old 02-03-2017, 06:43 PM
stephen_maly

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
MTs-55-1

There is no current pricing on these guns since they've not been produced since about the 1980's. Take good care of it as there are no spare parts (unless you cannibalize another gun). I had one in 1987 I think. I had a pair of left handed Bowler grips made, and I used the gun for a while. Today grips are available through Thomas Rink in Germany. All free pistols I've seen have very light triggers; yours is not unusual. For what it is worth, I would suggest that you don't alter the grips you have. Buy a pair from Rink which will fit you properly. They will likely be somewhere between $300 and $400 Canadian. Those pistols were produced in small batches. They were made in the Soviet Union so that their shooters could compete on the world stage. Extras were sold internationally. I expect you'll find that in man-hours, those pistols were quite a lot more expensive to make than any of their western counterparts. If I had one today, I'd be shooting it for sure.

Last edited by stephen_maly; 02-03-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:02 PM
headhunter2
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the reply stephen. I was looking for a value for insurance purposes. Yesterday was S&W 41, Colt Woodsman & Llama Special .22 time at the Range. I have not done much pistol shooting this winter as my hands don't handle the cold too well. Pistol shooting use to be my favourite but bench shooting rifle is catching up. -Bill
Old 02-13-2017, 02:21 PM
SillyMike
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice gun! The MU55 is seldom seen... for sale, or at the range!
For insurance purposes, I'd put it in the same ball park as a TOZ35.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:52 PM
headhunter2
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Mike. That helps. - Bill