Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:12 PM
redman33

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Beretta Minx

Is the Beretta .22 short Minx ammo picky like the Bobcat or will it eat most anything?
Old 05-19-2017, 06:45 PM
BOARHUNTER
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I hope to be in a position to offer some response soon. I have a Bobcat and a Minx and plan to run ammo through them both in the next week or so.

BOARHUNTER
Old 05-20-2017, 07:22 AM
nwmousegunner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
minx

In my limited experience no. I have three 950's in .22 short one nickel, one blue and a blued camper model. I have tried Winchester, Remington,CCI,and Aquila. I have also tried hollow point versions of CCI and Remington. The only problem I experienced was with CCI sub sonic, which was not a surprise. My model 21A is the Inox version, it does not like Winchester bulk pack hollow point or Federal auto match. The 21A is 100% reliable with CCI mini mags. I like my little guns and they are a lot of fun to shoot.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:11 AM
BOARHUNTER

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Disappointed in yesterday's test of my Minx, but it was not the fault of the gun (I do not think). The gun's accuracy was exceptional for a gun of its size and intended purpose, but I had frequent failures to fire. But I was using CCI HV hollow-point ammo more than 30 years old. Good strikes on the ammo with failures to fire tell me to start the test over with fresh ammo. Hope to do that later this week.

Despite the bad ammo, shooting the little Minx is off-the-charts fun!

BOARHUNTER
Old 05-24-2017, 04:07 PM
BOARHUNTER

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ok, reshot the Minx with new ammo (CCI HV hollow-point) and had precisely the same unreliable response as when shooting the old (30+ years) ammo. So maybe it is the gun....

Still fun, but frustrating.

I cleaned the gun and soaked it in CLP in hopes that the problems are accumulated crud that is impeding the firing pin resulting in lighter strikes.

I will try it again....

BOARHUNTER
Old 05-26-2017, 02:38 PM
nwmousegunner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
minx

I was surprised with your results with the CCI ammo. That is my go to ammo in function testing .22 long rifle pocket pistols. With the late problem of .22 availability in my area, I have been buying .22 shorts on line. The cheapest one's I have found have been Aquila, which are made in Mexico. They seem to work just fine in my .22 short autos. Any failure to fire was corrected when I rotated the cartridge in the chamber. I blamed that on lack of priming compound. I think you are on the right track with cleaning the firing pin channel. Let us know the results. Dave
Old Yesterday, 06:29 AM
redman33

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I finally got to the range and ran several different .22 shorts thru my little Minx and it ate everything I tried. No misfires or any problems at all. I probably paid too much for it at $300 out the door but I really liked the 3 3/4" barrel and it is very accurate.
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM
M2HB

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I've shot old 22 ammo that was well over 30 years old and improperly stored on hot garages in the Arizona heat and almost all fired as if they were new.

I would have done the same as you did and check it out with new ammo.

It sounds like you got it all worked out.