Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Singleshot22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Match Target 3rd series (unfired?) value

Don't know much about these guns but happened to run across one that an acquaintance has. In the couple of minutes I had to look it over it appears to be 3rd series w 6 inch barrel. It's in it's original box and supposedly never been fired. It's not being stored in the best of conditions but I was amazed to see that it appears to be in fine condition. I thought I ought to relay some kind of info regarding the approx. value of this to the owner (friend) so he at least knows what he has going forward. I've looked at Gunbroker and it appears that nice examples are anywhere from $800-1500. Assuming it being unfired and in mint condition what might be a reasonable value range? Don't have pictures so no sense bugging me about that. I know what the issues are with no pics, just was unprepared to take any, i.e. caught off guard.

Thx in advance for any "wild" guesses.

RA
Old 05-13-2017, 07:46 PM
Sparks1954
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Unfired I would go to 1600 and shoot it
Old 05-14-2017, 08:00 AM
azshot
US Navy NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The price on these does vary, due to not as much demand from younger shooters. It depends on the day, the location, and if there are other comparable ones for sale at the same time (which reduces your chance of a high price...since the big spenders may go for the other one).

Money talks but internet commentators walk. It's easy to say "I'd pay xxx" but if you offer them the gun for that they'll give some excuse like "I don't have the money at this time....I already have one..." etc. And a face to face buyer or internet bottom feeder is not going to pay top dollar that a national, online auction with thousands of watchers will.

Tell him the range you gave is what they sell for on Gunbroker, which is the place where you can get absolute highest prices. But he'll need to do the work to list, find an FFL dealer to ship, pay the fees, and deal with a remote buyer that may be picky or difficult. Alternately, he can sell it at a gun show at about a 25% less price, or a gun shop at about a 40% less price.

Last edited by azshot; 05-14-2017 at 08:05 AM.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:23 PM
Litetrigger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Unless you are a FFL, prepare to pay $75-150 to ship plus auction fees
Old 05-18-2017, 06:45 AM
Singleshot22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thx for the replies and comments. Not sure where this ends up...may just stay rotting in its current storage spot, as current owner has no real interest in the gun other than as a memory of his uncle.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:59 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
98% (49)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singleshot22 View Post
Thx for the replies and comments. Not sure where this ends up...may just stay rotting in its current storage spot, as current owner has no real interest in the gun other than as a memory of his uncle.
Sounds like "American Pickers" or "Chasing Classic Cars": A guy holds onto something for sentimental reasons or because he deems it priceless,but won't give it the slightest bit of care.
If you get to see it again, give it a wipe down with oil.

I do agree with the prior comments. Often a big difference between what something should bring,and what it actually brings...and as one sage poster noted,there can be a lot of bravado in the numbers that are thrown around.It's not the stock market with firm bid and ask prices,with a tight spread.
For the non gunnie,the notion of paying FFL fees, and giving right of inspection, as should be done, may be a big turn off for a non local sale.