Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:04 AM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fixing Loose Ejectors

The ejector on my MKII was loose rotationally, but was still tight up and down. If it was loose up/down, I'd have sent it back to Ruger to fix.

I'm posting my fix here in the MKIV forum because the ejector and rivet really hasn't changed from the first RST/MKI models to the current MKIVs.

The ejector is riveted to the bottom of the receiver with a tab on the back of the ejector sitting in a notch on the receiver. With my receiver turned upside down, the ejector is straight when the tab is all the way to the left in the notch. This leaves a small gap on the right. So I wondered if some of the receiver material could be drifted into the gap to hold the ejector straight.

I grabbed a center punch and put the muzzle down on a hardwood block (my vice is not padded). It's important to not punch too close to the gap, or it can slide in and push material out - making the gap bigger. I started a little less then 1/16" away and gave it a wap. This was a little too far away. So I moved down a little and cut the distance in half.

This hit was a BULLSEYE! The gap was filled nicely and my ejector is straight and rock solid! Only took about 10 minutes to get it fixed. Here's a picture with a green arrow added to the fix:

I hope this helps.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:47 PM
valvestem
US Coast Guard Veteran Law Enforcement Officer GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This should be a "sticky" for future reference just in case someone has the same issue someday. Thank you for the post.