Background Checks - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:30 AM
kevinqjhps
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

It's your name. My brother in law, Steve Smith,must be 3,000,000 of those in America goes through this EVERY time he fills out a 4473. His is a common name, yours may be the same as a not so nice man.

It won't get any better. Steve has been putting up with this for 45+ years. Me? My FFL told me I am the ONLY buyer he has ever had who never had their application go to review. My name is a bit unusual.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:42 AM
endangeredoutlaw
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i would be out of that state .. period.....
Old 02-19-2017, 03:50 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Like I said, unfortunately moving right now is not an option. But I'm thinking NH in the not to distant future. I've spent a lot of time in NH and compared to MA it's more like another country rather than another state.

Old 02-19-2017, 04:06 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New Hampshire is a great state I don't believe you even need a carry permit for a handgun.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:26 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I know of two FFL dealers that get delayed every time they transfer a gun to themselves. Not sure why. I have had finger print cards lost in the Federal system twice.
The third time the gal at the police station talked to one of the feds and he said to send it to his attention and he personally checked them, okayed the prints, and faxed her back an OK to proceed with my renewal permit. The fed guy was very frustrated with many of the people he worked with as there seemed to be a lot of incompetence and indifference to whether the job assignments got done well if at all. That was a few years back and the process has changed now. Might try contacting an individual where you send the UPIN and see if you can get some personal attention.

By the way the same fed helped the same police clerk with an amputee and finger print cards. The feds kept sending the cards back as incomplete for the one handed individual even though the one part of the card was clearly marked amputee. The fed guy finally told the local police to use the guys one hand to print both sections of the card. The card went through that time.

By the way, I'm still waiting for the feds to cash a check I sent them during the Federal government shut down in 2013. I got credited with making the payment, but I still carry that amount as an obligation when I balance my check book.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:48 PM
kevinqjhps
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
I know of two FFL dealers that get delayed every time they transfer a gun to themselves. Not sure why. I have had finger print cards lost in the Federal system twice.
The third time the gal at the police station talked to one of the feds and he said to send it to his attention and he personally checked them, okayed the prints, and faxed her back an OK to proceed with my renewal permit. The fed guy was very frustrated with many of the people he worked with as there seemed to be a lot of incompetence and indifference to whether the job assignments got done well if at all. That was a few years back and the process has changed now. Might try contacting an individual where you send the UPIN and see if you can get some personal attention.

By the way the same fed helped the same police clerk with an amputee and finger print cards. The feds kept sending the cards back as incomplete for the one handed individual even though the one part of the card was clearly marked amputee. The fed guy finally told the local police to use the guys one hand to print both sections of the card. The card went through that time.

By the way, I'm still waiting for the feds to cash a check I sent them during the Federal government shut down in 2013. I got credited with making the payment, but I still carry that amount as an obligation when I balance my check book.

Try dealing with the V.A. EVERY horror story you have heard is true.

kevinqjhps
Old 02-20-2017, 10:10 AM
Plinkhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I never know what to expect from agencies anymore. I've had a carry permit over 20 yrs and normally walk out with the firearm in hand. About 6 months ago they denied the background check and revoked my carry permit. The state suddenly recorded a bogus misdemeanor arrest for me back in 1976...they denied because the record didn't have an outcome from the arrest. I was never arrested and the record totally bogus. It took all this time and a lot of hassle to get official records corrected. They finally restored my permit about 2 weeks ago but it has yet to arrive in the mail.

Also, always send stuff like this as certified mail requiring signature when delivered. That puts recorded ownership on the person who received the package.

Last edited by Plinkhead; 02-20-2017 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:53 AM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have sent it certified mail this time. Fingers crossed, I guess.....
Old 02-21-2017, 12:59 PM
Plinkhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
I have sent it certified mail this time. Fingers crossed, I guess.....
It just makes them more accountable and harder to "lose" it.

Good luck.