Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Bought 3000 rounds of CCI .22 AR tactical

4K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  JStacy 
#1 ·
Hi, I just purchased 3000 rounds of CCI tactical AR .22 ammo and a 1000 rounds of CCI Mini mag .22 I looked at a lot of reviews of both and from what I gathered the
CCI tactical produced a tighter group.
I haven't tried the Tactical as I am waiting for delivery.
Has anyone compared the two here on rim central?
Have no idea how the tactical will feed in my Mark lll yet.
But from what I have seen on You Tube it seems to work well in most semi auto pistols and produces a tighter group than CCI mini mags.
I plan to shoot both along with a number of other brands and will post my findings.
~JJ~

#2 ·
Rimfires are notoriously finicky about what type of ammo they shoot well. What works great in one rifle may be awful in another. CCI is usually pretty decent in most .22's, but I don't think I would've bought 3000 rounds without trying it first. Then again if it doesn't shoot well in your rifle I'm sure someone here will take it off your hands, albeit at a lesser price than you paid probably.

#6 ·
I really liked CCI Tactical and Mini Mags .I also think they are very similar in performance in how they cycled in my rifles and pistols and how they group. I would be happy to own either one .They are fairly accurate but cycle very well .If I were shooting off the bench I wouldn't use either one better for plinking .

#7 ·
I was under the impression that they were essentially the same ammo, branded / marketed differently. They are both GOOD. For that price, I would have done it, too. No need to test them beforehand, unless you have a "special" gun like a Model 41. For garden-variety semi-autos, both the AR Tactical and Minimags will run VERY well. Good stuff.

#8 ·
I have some high end ELEY and other match ammo. My set up here on my farm is purely for fun.
I have a bunch of spinners and a hard paper target box for Bulls eye zoning in with my iron sights, peep sights and scopes.
But its all just for my enjoyment and to show up my stepsons and friends when they come around...LOL

#11 ·
I have a few old Remington bolt action target rifles with peep sites and a few with scopes.
Some with bull barrels etc. One with a a sniper Unertyl scope and just love to plink.
I see deer in my back yard on a regular basis, but my wife wants me to leave them alone.
And I respect her wishes. I am happy just making a killer shot in a quarter or penny hung from my bullet trap and putting in on my key ring.

#20 ·
I was shooting some CCI Tactical and CCI MM back to back from a MKIII pistol and another pistol, there seemed to be a major difference in the report and recoil between the two in both pistols. The Tactical was softer shooting.

One liked them about equally and the other liked the MM better.

Report back after testing I would be interested in your results.

#22 ·
I was shooting some CCI Tactical and CCI MM back to back from a MKIII pistol and another pistol, there seemed to be a major difference in the report and recoil between the two in both pistols. The Tactical was softer shooting.

One liked them about equally and the other liked the MM better.

Report back after testing I would be interested in your results.
Will do, still waiting on my new gun should have it in about a week.

#21 ·
The results that you get are going to be just THAT - your results. Because it will be your husband and your Shooting and what somebody else gets MIGHT be just the same but then again the results may be totally different. Shoot it, try it but don't expect the same results​every time you buy a new batch/lot number.

#24 ·
Thanks, I was hoping a few folks here had used them in the Mark out of curiosity as to the performance. Glad to hear they work well.
I saw a comparison on another site between CCI mini mags and Tacs shot from the same Mark lll and in his gun the Tacs gave him a tighter group and with the mini mags he would get the occasional shot that was outside the group.
The test was done from a rest. ~JJ~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.