Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedish Mark III Thread

22K views 83 replies 12 participants last post by  Tacoma 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Some time ago i bought my first pistols two walthers PP one in 22 and 32 acp both are german made not french, i use them for competition in a class called field snubby(sweden). But i cannot shoot precision with these its way to hard...

Im thinkin off buying a bullseye pistol(bullseye in sweden is at 30yards) Precision shooting. Im thinking off getting a ruger mk3 with a rink grips. The problem is that i have never handled one off these guns and i dont know how much work you need to put on it for me to have a chance. I know the trigger is really bad. I have a ruger 10/22 wich i really like but the original factory barrel and trigger.....maybe is not match grade so to speak.

What about the ruger pistols ? what can you expect off it, and i mean with ironsights at 30 yards. Ammo is not a problem here, i can buy norma, cci, blazer, lapua, SK(whole sortiment) fiochi,eley and some other crappy brands.

I really like american weapons so i would really like to give this pistol a chance, people here use fwb aw 93 ALOT! at one competion wich i attended there was 340 ppl competing and 80% off them was using fwb aw 93... i saw 2 rugers..:D:D:D

So please you guys out there that been using this gun for precision shooting ..help!

See less See more
#74 ·
I just installed volquartsen markII sear,trigger, and mark II bushing also installed a tactical solutions extractor.
I polished the trigger bar and hammer, so much that i could take a shave while looking at it :p:p:Blasting_
It was fun doing this i enjoyed it alot. But i have had problem with trigger assemblies before, i almost got gray hair from a feinwerkbau air pistol trigger.....

Over and OuT!

#75 ·
As i wrote on my other thread that i got a ruger with a bent frame. Well this seems quiet common on these pistols. The store was kind to offer my money back but i declined, because its really not that big of a issue this gun is a budget gun what more can you ask? So with that said i went back home and stripped everything again i put a small delerin strip and filled the little ''corridor'' so now the sear spring cant move it will stay on the same place. Stripped and re lubed everything again took a good time to see that everything was working properly. Took the left grip and filled up the place where the hammer pivot pin rests, filled that out with some black epoxy now it looks like the grip was made like that.
And the hammer pivot pin stays in place and you cant move it around anymore.....

Took the gun to the range fired of a box of sk magazine (bulk ammo here.) No problems what so ever and the trigger is so sweet now that its a real joy to shoot with this gun. Did all kinds of tests 3 round bursts, shoot as fast as i could, one shot at the time, everything worked really good.

I also let the gun rest for 1 hour on the ground just to get really cold just to see how it performed when really cold it was no problems it worked just fine.

The good thing with this pistols is that you can shoot a lot and the barrel is not even warm and it never shifts the POI.

My trigger setup is.
-VQ sear
-VQ trigger.
-VQ bushing

I have polished the hammer and the trigger bar.

Gun works really good!

#78 ·
Yea i don't give up so easy :) i counted with some problems before i bought this pistol so i knew what i was getting into. Its cheap and its accurate and it has its downsides this is my conclusion. If this was a gun for + 1000$ i would never keep it, because this kind of things are unacceptable on more expensive guns. I buy the ruger products because they are robust and need some work and that's what i like to do work on things so they fit me:)

For instance as we speak im working on a trigger for my 10/22 have a crisp 800 gram trigger atm and im working to get a faster locktime on it to.

Ruger= American Kalashnikov ( in a good way, because ak 47 is the toughest gun on earth)

#80 ·
First competition of the year is tomorrow. I have been shooting at least 6000 rounds thru this gun since i got it. And its quiet a good shooter.

How ever its not enough for me... so a volquartsen LLV competition 4.5" has been ordered and should arrive in the beginning of april.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.