Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

removing the rear sight on a kmk mkiii

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  SGW Gunsmith 
#1 ·
Quick question, maybe someone can help..

I am trying to remove the rear sight completely from the mkiii. Once I have taken out the screw to the left of the elevation is there any other piece that I need to unscrew?

Does it matter which way I knock it out from? right to left or left to right?

thanks

#5 ·
It helps (a lot) to remove the receiver; put it in a vise protected on both sides with something like leather (I used pieces cut from an old belt;) drop some kroil into the dovetail and after a while, have at it with brass punch or something similar. Tape on the side of the sight to protect it. :)

#7 ·
It helps (a lot) to remove the receiver; put it in a vise protected on both sides with something like leather (I used pieces cut from an old belt;) drop some kroil into the dovetail and after a while, have at it with brass punch or something similar. Tape on the side of the sight to protect it. :)
Good advice! BTW, advice for others, it doesn't matter which direction that the rear sight is driven out. The dovetail in the receiver is cut straight through. The sight base is what has a slight starting taper filed into it. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.