Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

MK III mag disconnect

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  katonahjohn 
#1 ·
I have owned a MK III Target for 4 or 5 yrs . During that time I replaced the trigger & sear with Volquartsen parts but never bothered with the mag disconnect . I never had any issues or problems with it so I left well enough alone. How ever I just recently went ahead and replaced it . Why ? Well I like to tinker and also I've been reading so much about others who have replaced that part and wondered if I was perhaps missing out on something.
It's a pretty easy procedure and anyone with even a small amount of mechanical ability should be able to do it. You can pretty much see how it goes together just by looking at it before removal but there are also several how to videos out there on the internet to guide you if you have any difficulties.
There are several vendors making and selling these bushings . They usually cost about $15.00 inc. s&h. I went ahead and purchased mine from Tandemkross.
The whole procedure took about 45 minutes from start to finish and was quite simple. The results ? Well now I wonder why I didn't do this before ! Magazine extraction was never really an issue but now a simple press of the mag release button and you better be ready to catch that mag or it's hitting the floor. But I think the biggest improvement is that with the mag disconnect gone the disassembly/reassembly procedure is so much easier . Now it's the same as that on my Mark II's and I don't have to insert and remove the magazine during the process.
Considering the low cost and ease with which this can done I'd recommend it to any MK III owner.

See less See more
#4 ·
My MKIII....john709

I have a MKIII Hunter. Just tonite, I completely disassembled my MKIII, down to the bare frame. On the put back I installed a TK Charging Halo, TK Firing Pin, TK Extractor, TK Hammer Bushing, along with a Volquartsen Target Hammer and Target Sear, Extended Bolt Release, and Extender Magazine Release. That change sent me from a 5 3/4 lb trigger pull to a silky smooth 2 lb pull. I did purchase a TK Victory Trigger and was assured that it would work. Wrong. Think I'll go with the Volquartsen
Target trigger. Should have done that in the first place. I can hardly wait to get to the range. This MKIII is ready to roar. If I wasn't so doggone old and crippled, I'd do a cartwheel....

#6 ·
TK

I have a MKIII Hunter. Just tonite, I completely disassembled my MKIII, down to the bare frame. On the put back I installed a TK Charging Halo, TK Firing Pin, TK Extractor, TK Hammer Bushing, along with a Volquartsen Target Hammer and Target Sear, Extended Bolt Release, and Extender Magazine Release. That change sent me from a 5 3/4 lb trigger pull to a silky smooth 2 lb pull. I did purchase a TK Victory Trigger and was assured that it would work. Wrong. Think I'll go with the Volquartsen
Target trigger. Should have done that in the first place. I can hardly wait to get to the range. This MKIII is ready to roar. If I wasn't so doggone old and crippled, I'd do a cartwheel....
What didn't work about the TK trigger? Curious. I've used TK and Vol successfully, wondering what didn't work this time.

#8 ·
TK victory triggers were designed for the 22/45 but will work on the Mk lll with a minor modification to the backside of the trigger. This mod was shared freely on several forums. It takes only a slight bit of file work. If you are not able to find it in a search PM me and I'll get you the link for it when I get home.

#9 ·
TK victory triggers were designed for the 22/45 but will work on the Mk lll with a minor modification to the backside of the trigger...It takes only a slight bit of file work.
+1

Great trigger that does need slight fitting to also work in the MKIII. My 22/45 Lites have TK Victory triggers and the Volquartsen triggers in my Volquartsen lowers have been replaced with TK Victory triggers.

It's nice having a company that offers innovative products instead of thinking it's still 1975. :bthumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.