Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Is this the correct peice

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  wproct 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Is this the correct
1. bolt stop/mainspring housing pin for the ruger competition?
2. the correct bolt release and safety?
3. Correct trigger?

See less See more
#2 ·
It's not stock.

Looks like this has a Volquartsen "accurizing kit" and Majestic Speed Strip fitted.

The Accurizing kit replaces the Trigger and bolt release (Larger bolt release) - along with sear and other parts. The kit is great - I have it on my Mk III. Well worth it.

The speed strip I don't have any experience with, - but it allows you to strip it by undoing the pin rather than pulling the mainspring out.

#4 ·
Yes i bought this on Gunbroker about a week ago. I have been looking for this model a while now (the 5.5" slab side ). I won the auction with a price of 449$. It seems like a lot of models that are in high demand and scarce supply are starting to pop up now that the ruger MK4 has been introduced.

#7 ·
Your new-to-you pistol looks to be in excellent condition. You have a distributor version of a very nice gun.
That's definitely the "Speed Strip" kit from Majestic Arms and the Volquartsen kit.

One thing you might want to check. Take a look at your bolt and see which firing pin stop pin was installed. You might be "SHOCKED" to find that there is a hollow roll pin that was used instead of the solid, much better, and safer firing pin stop pin.

If you find your bolt has a stop pin like the one above, I'd recommend that it be changed.

#10 ·
Oh, and by the way. The safety is the factory version and NOT an aftermarket as was wrongly suggested. :D And, the VC parts kit does indeed INCLUDE an adjustable trigger.
I guess this claim comes as a result of 50ish years of experience? :eek:

Get out your notebook. You just might learn something. (maybe?)

This is the factory version of a slabside safety:

And this is the Volquartsen extended (aftermarket) safety:

Do you see why your WAG is wrong? :D

#14 ·
I think test originally meant bolt release, which appears to be a VQ part. OP, If you don't want the aftermarket pieces, you can go to many sites, and buy the originals fairly inexpensively. There are many sellers who make race guns, and take brand new parts off and resell.

The parts that you have on the gun will at least offset this cost, if not afford you a small profit.

There may be other changes, such as a disco, hammer, bushing, even mainspring housing. I can't tell from the pix. You would need to take the top off to see everything.

If you want it bone stock, that goal is easily obtained.

Nice pistol. Good luck and most of all, enjoy it!!

Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.