Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:36 AM
Hippy

TPC Rating: 
88% (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454ho View Post
Not necessarily. What is the lot code on the box?
+

The ammo that is setting in front of me is CLEARLY MARKED
CCI
17MACH 2

hypervelocity
17 MACH 2
Poly-Tip V-Max
2010 FPS 17 Grain
VARMINT

I worked a a wholesalers for 10 + years and do NOT consider myself 2 B a EXPERT BUT we sold a BUNCH of CCI ammo

Nuff Said

Jim
Old 05-27-2017, 12:44 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Maybe CCI labels up enough 17HM2 to cover their warranty replacement issues but not enough to put on the market?
Old 05-27-2017, 01:10 PM
SWUtah

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
how old replacement ammo?

So, what is the date code on the replacement CCI ammo? Real curious if they made some new, or just pulled some old stock out of a dusty room somewhere. There's lots of info here on this site about how to decode CCI/Hornady/Federal rimfire date codes. Key is the fourth letter of the six-letter code. It will be an alpha letter. If i't's an X, then the ammo is 2016. Subtract one year for each letter earlier in the alphabet than X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippy View Post
UPS package delivered 2day-- CCI decided to pay me in ammo rather than CASH.
Originally they were going to give me two boxes of 17MK2 for the magazine . The best price I could find was $24.00 shipped they were quoting RETAIL price for the ammo @ 11.95 all told I had $45.00 in shipping ,mag replacement & ammo figure theirs is worth $9.00 per box = $54.00.

We settled that issue I received a total of 6 (300 rds) boxes for my misfortune :

NOW 4 THE GREAT NEWS the ammo is CCI 17 Gr

SOOOOO CCI is still marketing the Mach2

Jim

Old 05-27-2017, 03:17 PM
454ho

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Quote:
+

CCI
17MACH 2

hypervelocity
17 MACH 2
Poly-Tip V-Max
2010 FPS 17 Grain
VARMINT

I worked a a wholesalers for 10 + years and do NOT consider myself 2 B a EXPERT BUT we sold a BUNCH of CCI ammo

Nuff Said

Jim
The box should also be clearly marked with a lot code. If you do not want to share the info, fine just says that.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:45 PM
IHMSA80x80
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
My guess is that it is old stock.

≡✪≡
Old 05-27-2017, 10:59 PM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There are a few possible causes. First could be a thin rim or brittle brass and it just blew out upon firing. It does happen from time to time with rimfire. I had a 22 mag that had been sitting around go capoof for no reason. Alternatively, you may have had a squib that lodged in the barrel followed by a full power round that exploded your gun. This would be my first suspicion if you had the mag blow out. If it was just the rim and the bullet left the bore, I double the mag would have blown out. Lately low powered ammo can go capoof if it doesn't seal the chamber. I've seen this a lot with Remington 22 LR. Another possibility is hangfire where the bullet enters the barrel and then the main charge lights acting as an obstructed bore but not likely.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:42 AM
fanofde4ever

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Send a message via AIM to fanofde4ever
Quote:
UPS package delivered 2day-- CCI decided to pay me in ammo rather than CASH.
Originally they were going to give me two boxes of 17MK2 for the magazine . The best price I could find was $24.00 shipped they were quoting RETAIL price for the ammo @ 11.95 all told I had $45.00 in shipping ,mag replacement & ammo figure theirs is worth $9.00 per box = $54.00.

We settled that issue I received a total of 6 (300 rds) boxes for my misfortune :

NOW 4 THE GREAT NEWS the ammo is CCI 17 Gr

SOOOOO CCI is still marketing the Mach2

Jim
Quote:
+

CCI
17MACH 2

hypervelocity
17 MACH 2
Poly-Tip V-Max
2010 FPS 17 Grain
VARMINT

Nuff Said

Jim
Considering CCI has responded to many emails, including one I personally sent and received the response to 2 weeks ago, saying they hadn't produced any for themselves in roughly 2 years and had no intention of doing so in the future I too am curious what the date code is. Either they pulled some off from a run they were doing for Hornady, or it's some old stock they kept when they ceased production for themselves. Deciphering the date code from the lot number is the only way to figure that out.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:40 PM
kybeagle

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
After reading the horror stories, I'm beginning to see why the m2 is not doing well.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:48 PM
Ledslnger

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kybeagle View Post
After reading the horror stories, I'm beginning to see why the m2 is not doing well.
Cleaning the chamber often is required. If you want the reliability anyway, the accuracy is always stellar IME. The m2 is doing well, the ammo always sells out quickly. That is called demand.