Aftermarket sights for Lux or Trainer? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-21-2017, 03:36 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Hi,
I am confused by a detail with the Williams sight... The one on CS-USA looks like it just clamps onto the 11mm rail, just like my Tech-Sight. When I called Williams though, I was told their FP-CZ model for the CZ 452/55 requires 2 holes to be drilled and tapped onto the receiver! Are they different models?

Another question: My CZ 455 Ultralux has a swinging blade front sight with two adjustment screws and not a sliding post. This meant that I could not use the provided Tech-Sight front post and had to tweak the setup until I could use the blade (at max extension) with the new rear sight. The downside of this is the blade is rather wide and doesn't make precision target shooting easy. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket blade for this setup?
I am guessing that the globe adapters that do exist are designed to work with the more common post on a sliding ramp front sights?

Thanks for any info you can give,
Peter.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:46 PM
Sophia

RFC Admin Team
TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Take a look here, Peter. This is a 452 rather than a 455 but it might answer your question:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=488658

Old 04-21-2017, 04:28 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Take a look here, Peter. This is a 452 rather than a 455 but it might answer your question:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=488658

Thank you for the idea! Sorry about the double post. I had not seen my first one appear and thought it got lost.
Cheers,
Peter.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Old 04-21-2017, 05:48 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezer View Post
So what is a 'globe front' that allows the use of a post, an aperture, or I suppose a bead? Is one available for my CZ455 Training Rifle, and if so, does it replace the front post?
Here's a globe front sight. The knurled part unscrews to allow you to insert your choice of post, aperture, crosshairs, or whatever. Inserts are either stamped from sheet metal or made of discs of transparent plastic with the appropriate image imprinted on or cut out of them.

Click this link to see more options for globe sight inserts.

https://www.google.com/search?q=glob...=lnms&tbm=isch

Last edited by toivo; 04-21-2017 at 05:53 PM. Reason: reword
Old 04-21-2017, 06:24 PM
Squeezer
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toivo View Post
Here's a globe front sight. The knurled part unscrews to allow you to insert your choice of post, aperture, crosshairs, or whatever. Inserts are either stamped from sheet metal or made of discs of transparent plastic with the appropriate image imprinted on or cut out of them.
Thanks toivo, now I get it! Excellent illustration!
Old 04-23-2017, 11:36 PM
rawhide

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for all the helpful replies. Now I guess I'll have find a rifle for the new sights.