Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

One new knife - one new handle

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  timberbeast 
#1 ·
The first one is a new knife. 3/16 1095, lacewood and brass bolsters. The second knife is a re-handle. A previous knife handle shifted and caused sever cracking. So, a new handle. 3/16 1095, Brazilian cherry and brass bolsters.

Both of these knives are headed to the Nebraska Sandhills. they are gifts for the landowner where I have been deer hunting for the last 15 years or so. I hope they like them.

quackhunter

New Knife.

New handle

See less See more
#7 ·
Hush

Thank you for your interest and comments.

I have a disc grinder specifically set for a 30 degree angle. I use it just for bolsters. I never change it. I know the angle is always the same. It makes it so much easier to line up later.

Also, I always use a liner. On the one knife that I did not use a liner - it cracked. I really think the liner helps. Especially when used with epoxy that matches the liner color. It hides any problems a little bit better.

quackhunter

#11 ·
Well, thank you Vincent. I am really digging this new pattern. It kind of reminds me of Art's type of knife - a bolster with a finger guard. It just works really well.

I will post a new knife in a week or two. I am just trying to stay busy making knives and life keeps getting in the way.

Haven't seen you posting much lately. Everything okay?

quackhunter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.