Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

AR22 AO vs. Prostaff EFR

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  PJD642 
#1 · (Edited)
Moderators I posted here rather than the optics forum as my question is about 2 specific scopes that I am considering for my M&P 15-22. Leave it here or move it as you see fit.

I recently purchased a 15-22 MOE SL from my LGS. I was looking for an inexpensive way to shoot something other than my 9mm pistols at my local indoor range. My indoor range is 25 yds max. I might join a local gun club this spring. That would allow me access to an outdoor range and shooting at 100 yds or more. But for now I am confined to indoors. I am currently shooting standing with no support (offhand?) using the MBUIS that came with the rifle.

I'd like to get a scope to help my old peepers! To that end I have been researching on the Internet/YouTube and reading and reading and reading right here at RFC. My budget is $200 for a scope (does not include mount/rings). I want AO. I don't see myself getting into hunting so this is for target shooting. I think I have narrowed my choices to 2 scopes...

The Bushnell AR22 2-7 x 32 rimfire BDC
Its the lower cost option and its AO is side adjusted (prefered). Its true 1/4 MOA.
Needs a high mount. I'm not sold on needing a BDC reticile for punching paper.
or
The Nikon Prostaff 3-9 x 40 EFR
Nikon glass and 40 vs 32 brighter. Precision reticle for target shooting.
Front focus AO. Higher price. Its 1/2 MOA.

If it's between these two scopes for your 15-22 which one would you choose?

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. One reason I'm looking at a scope rather than a red dot is because on occassion my wife shoots the rifle too. And she is adamant that she cannot see the targets much past 10 yards. So a 1x isn't buying her anything. I'd love to get her shooting well with this rifle so I can convince her to get her own! A little more $ to make that happen but each of us having our own rifle seems lime a lot less headache down the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.