Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Magazine value ??

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  edlmann 
#1 ·
Looking to get an approximate value for some Mark 1 magazines.......

All are 9-shot, with the silver bottoms. Some have the follower slot on one side only, & some have the slot on both sides. All have very little bluing wear.

Thanks

#3 ·
The magazines with the slot on both sides is a Mark II but it can be used in the Mark I by removing the pin and putting it on the other side. They are getting a little less common but the Mark I is by far the least common of all. Shortly after the Mark II came out Ruger simply stopped production because the Mark II would work for both. Simply economic and smart designing by Bill Sr.

#5 · (Edited)
The magazines with the slot on both sides is a Mark II
This is wrong.

The OP said:
All are 9-shot, with the silver bottoms. Some have the follower slot on one side only, & some have the slot on both sides.
The magazine described, with two slots, is an RST/Mark I magazine for the A100 grip frame. The one-slot magazine is for the unmarked/A54 grip frame, for use with either RST or Mark I pistols.

Mark II magazines have two slots, but a black plastic bottom and follower. Since the Mark II was introduced, Ruger has sold a RST/Mark I magazine with a gray plastic bottom and follower, which holds 9 rounds. Dunno why anyone would buy these, but I guess someone does.

#6 ·
Looking to get an approximate value for some Mark 1 magazines.......

All are 9-shot, with the silver bottoms. Some have the follower slot on one side only, & some have the slot on both sides. All have very little bluing wear.

Thanks
I'd recommend that you look to one of the auction sites to see what those early magazines are actually selling for. You can't always go by what some are asking for a sell price.

Also, here's some correct information on magazines that Ruger has sold with the various Mark pistol versions.
The single follower slot magazines are of the early sort for the A54 grip frames. The magazines with follower slots on both sides began in 1971 with the A100 grip frame. The reason for slots on both sides is so that the newer style magazines with follower slots on both sides could then have the follower button moved to the right side of the magazine and then used in the early pistols. Click on the link below for pictures and true information.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532114

#8 · (Edited)
I'd recommend that you look to one of the auction sites to see what those early magazines are actually selling for. You can't always go by what some are asking for a sell price.
Also, here's some correct information on magazines that Ruger has sold with the various Mark pistol versions.
The single follower slot magazines are of the early sort for the A54 grip frames. The magazines with follower slots on both sides began in 1971 with the A100 grip frame. The reason for slots on both sides is so that the newer style magazines with follower slots on both sides could then have the follower button moved to the right side of the magazine and then used in the early pistols. Click on the link below for pictures and true information.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532114
All this.

I think that the A54-type mags have some additional collector value for those who want an exactly-as-originally-sold configuration. Since I've never owned an A54 RST/Mark I, I have no personal experience with pricing for those mags.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.