Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 06:56 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Happy Friday!

Rain scheduled off and on today. And me with a tree to get planted. Should be a break around noon that will let me dig the hole and get it in the ground.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Gordon

Shhhh, I'm not here.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:20 AM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE5FJL View Post
Happy Friday!

Rain scheduled off and on today. And me with a tree to get planted. Should be a break around noon that will let me dig the hole and get it in the ground.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Gordon

Shhhh, I'm not here.
Same weather here... Drismal crud.

Still, at least I'm stuck inside, working, rather than hoping to be outside. Good luck with the tree!

"We have met the enemy, and he is us." - Pogo
Old 04-21-2017, 07:43 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Right now 50 partially cloudy with a high in the mid-seventies. No trees needing to be planted but do have some spots for some possible mid height shrubs where a tree was removed a couple of months ago.

Brother is coming by this morning for me to help him install an aftermarket parts in his Glock 34. Then off to the range for some trigger time with him.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:56 AM
Brent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Good morning all! I'm making my last post or last until I come to a point in life where I have something to contribute to RFC. Rimfire shooting hasn't been a part of my life for several years mostly due to circumstances and my posts have pretty much been limited to TWH. I have enjoyed reading many of the posts here and learned a lot along the way. There are some issues that I will not go into that will hopefully one day be resolved as well. I'm not leaving mad at all, but simply decided to move on to other things for now. I want to wish you all well and hope at some point in time I will reach a point in life where my rimfire activities will increase where I can return.

Take care everbody!

Brent
Old 04-21-2017, 07:56 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Editing Steve's posts and correcting his spelling
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What the HECK!!! Where are the Donuts????
Old 04-21-2017, 08:06 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
IT IS DONUT FRIDAY

Gratuitous text for the all caps forum gremlins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastshot View Post
What the HECK!!! Where are the Donuts????
How many, what kind sir? Careful, they're still hot.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:12 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ETA week long rain has ceased but replaced by Jim-like breezes.
Not so hot today but tomorrow grass growth will be vigorous at 58˚, 5˚ above average.

39˚
Old 04-21-2017, 08:15 AM
OldWolf

Near the Southern Part of Heaven, North Carolina
TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
"Who cooks for you? Who cooks for me?"
Owls are territorial. If you go outside and ask these queries, you'll likely get a response.
We always say...
"Who cooks for you? Who cooks for you all?"
But then I live in the South.

Old 04-21-2017, 08:19 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post

OLDWOLF, not going to pass. We have good Repub. Legislature. The article said in headlines who introduced. This majority passed it a few years ago. Don't think they will reverse.
Frank,

Agreed, it won't pass.

But is sure make you think that once the political pendulum swings the other way we sure will have our work cut out for us.

Old 04-21-2017, 08:19 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
We've had Jym like breezes, a few months late, these last couple of weeks on a daily basis. Pretty much has wreaked havoc on folk's respitory systems. Maybe it's the new beginning whereas the future people here will evolve having plentiful nose hairs to filter out all of the excessive air borne debris.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:23 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
I use a nose hair trimmer!
It works pretty darn well too!

Old 04-21-2017, 08:26 AM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewehrfreund View Post
Yankee Barred Owls say "who cooks. . . who cooks for you?"
Careful Yankee Barred Owls. Those Rebs in Durham neck of the woods are good shooter.

Morning. Already 81 degrees. Wifey had me walk inside the fence to see her plants and shrubs. Now to rush and get fertilizer and etc. Got 1 PM meeting on food security in Raleigh.

Got call from pastor of big church in Wake Forest [mainly black church]. Was to have a big basketball tournament for 90+ kids with hotdogs and hamburgers. P&R director in WF call him at 4:30 yesterday and told him the town owed the outdoor courts. Can't use unless he does lots of paperwork and etc. Called the Mayor. She can't do anything. ???? Called me a few minutes ago. We are having big Rec. Day Parade and all kids play baseball, T ball and softball. We have found him an outdoor court at one of our elementary schools. He is checking with other pastors and will let me know if he will use or cancel and reschedule. What the heck???????

Always something.

Have a good one.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:36 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post
Got call from pastor of big church in Wake Forest [mainly black church]. Was to have a big basketball tournament for 90+ kids with hotdogs and hamburgers. P&R director in WF call him at 4:30 yesterday and told him the town owed the outdoor courts. Can't use unless he does lots of paperwork and etc. Called the Mayor. She can't do anything. ???? Called me a few minutes ago. We are having big Rec. Day Parade and all kids play baseball, T ball and softball. We have found him an outdoor court at one of our elementary schools. He is checking with other pastors and will let me know if he will use or cancel and reschedule. What the heck???????
You done good, HDF. Staff have to play by the rules. However, elected officials can direct appointed staff, etc. . Might have been an liability issue and who was going to cover what. Folks need to remember to plan ahead like when you have an uber large group and you want dine somewhere during busy hours.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:38 AM
Sophia

RFC Admin Team
TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewehrfreund View Post
John is a good guy and a great artistic craftsman of powder horns and authentic 18th century muzzleloaders (and not cheap!).
https://www.google.com/search?q=john...w=1366&bih=635
Wow! Beautiful work.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:41 AM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
You done good, HDF. Staff have to play by the rules. However, elected officials can direct appointed staff, etc. . Might have been an liability issue and who was going to cover what. Folks need to remember to plan ahead like when you have an uber large group and you want dine somewhere during busy time.
Issue. Town there doesn't want to work with the poorer black community there. No joke. Met with the pastor Tuesday. Was one hour meeting. Meeting after the meeting with me was 2 hours. Listening to his problems and his community problems. Why he called me in neighboring town this AM. Can't get his town to cooperate. Sad. His words this AM, "Sounds like we are back in the 60's."