AR7 Israeli - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:23 PM
WB5MHA
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
AR7 Israeli

I bought one of few Armalite AR7 Israeli modified survival rifles imported in the 1980s; way back then. The IDF sanitized every marking, changed it to a collapsing wire stock and installed an FN pistol grip. Has a spring loaded magazine carrier that clips to the stock, typical on IDF firearms. Even have the sanitized English Language instructions.

Are there any others floating around? What do they bring? This is a true franken22 and I seldom shoot it. Like once or twice a decade.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:14 PM
DroopyBassets75
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
I don't know a thing about them, but you should post pictures if possible. That sounds like one neat rifle! I had no idea Israelis used them.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:36 PM
kaynine
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
I remember these from the '90s and almost bought one when it showed up on G/B, Auction Arms, or Ebay. Don't remember which site. Unfortunately, that did not happen. They were a clever modification of the AR7. I do not know how many were produced, how many were imported to the States, or what the current market value would be for one if there is such a thing for something this uncommon.

I did, however, scarf up a few photos of the Israeli AR7 rifle off the net at that time using my vintage WebTV browser, so here they are per DB75's request:

To be clear, I do not posses such an example, nor did I take these photos.

Last edited by kaynine; 04-19-2017 at 05:27 PM.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:16 AM
WB5MHA
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynine View Post
I remember these from the '90s and almost bought one when it showed up on G/B, Auction Arms, or Ebay. Don't remember which site. Unfortunately, that did not happen. They were a clever modification of the AR7. I do not know how many were produced, how many were imported to the States, or what the current market value would be for one if there is such a thing for something this uncommon.

I did, however, scarf up a few photos of the Israeli AR7 rifle off the net at that time using my vintage WebTV browser, so here they are per DB75's request:

To be clear, I do not posses such an example, nor did I take these photos.
My gun exactly. The barrel was cut down by the IDF. To facilitate importation a piece of tubing was attached making it 17 inches. The spring loaded spare mag clip took me an hour to figure out. Like all Israeli military imports it is modified to the point of just using the basic bones. The IDF is nothing if not clever.

By the way, your photos are better than I could have done. Bravo
Old 04-21-2017, 04:05 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
That stock on the Isreali model looks very similar to the original M4 / AR5 .22 Hornet models to which the AR7 is based on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_Survival_Rifle
Old 04-25-2017, 01:05 AM
Marc780

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If its similar to the Armalite gun designed way back in the 1960's - i'm not sure how such a gun would even pass the Israeli army testing, assuming they did any. I know this doesn't answer your question as to value, all I can say is you might find a purist who wants exactly what you have and will pay whatever they are going for on Gunbroker.
I had one late 1970's when they were made by Charter Arms. I can't remember what i paid nor what i sold it for, guns were easy come, easy go in those days! But sell it i did, after maybe 200 rounds. Out of the box the rilfe jammed every third shot, or even every other shot. I even bought spare magazines thinking that was the problem (it wasn't). A feeding issue I suppose. I could have tried polishing the feed ramp I guess, but the whole thing's cast aluminum (the barrel has a steel liner, I think) so that fix would likely not have lasted long. I tried fixing it, failed, and no gunsmith would even look at it. I gave up, sold it for a pittance and never looked back...you'd be much better off with a decent handgun then this rifle I should think.

Last edited by Marc780; 04-25-2017 at 01:11 AM.