Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:30 PM
Hobbiest

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Got my new green mountain

Haven't installed it yet and will up date when I have a chance to shoot it. Just wanted to post what I see so far. First I ordered from Rimfire Sports and Custom. Called on sat to see if it was in stock and Allan I believe it was picked up right away talked to me for awile-said it was in and was very helpful. Ordered it and received the tracking # mon I think it was and it arrived today. They were by and far the cheapest price I saw and shipped it fast so very happy on that account.

My factory barrel is the 22" sporter SS. I like the balance so wanted something similar just hoping to tighten groups a little so I ordered the 20" green mountain sporter SS. Weight on factory is 2.012 lbs and the GM barrel is listed as 2.1 but came in at 2.042 lbs so virtually a tie with the factory. The factory barrel is .53" at the end of the barrel and the GM is .64" The thicker part on the factory where the sight is attached is.62" and the end of a marlin 60 is .66" for reference points but end result is the GM is noticeably thicker than the factory. Visually the hole at the end of the barrel looks smaller on the GM over the factory but that could be my imagination. Crown looks better on the GM. All in all I have high hopes for the barrel and feel its a good start.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:00 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Lol, the hole looks smaller because the barrel is thicker. Still have to get the same size bullet through it. Anyway Rimfire Sport & Custom is an excellent company to deal with and they have far cheaper prices than anywhere else on certain items. Let us know how it shoots with the new barrel.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:31 AM
stevebla
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a 20" SS Green Mountain sporter. Shoots great. Pic shows a 100 rounds at 25 yards.
[/url]

Old 04-21-2017, 07:43 AM
Rider357
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have the GM blue fluted sporter in 20" and could not imagine my rifle shooting any better with another barrel regardless of price. Planning another build and I will go with GM again.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:06 PM
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
By

I've had a GM SPORTER barrel for a few years now.
I need to get it out and choot it !!
CPC cut down a 29 ? Incher i had.
And threaded it into the receiver,
Just never really got down serious with it.
I need too.
I popped it into a sporter stock.
Looks pretty good.

Last edited by buckweet; 05-24-2017 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Typo