Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-18-2017, 08:11 PM
wkk1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
WOW- suppressed 1022 after CPC tune

Wow. I just got my first .22 suppressor out of jail and headed to the range with my 1022 lvt that I had sent to Randy from cpc for tune up to action, trigger & threading of barrel for the suppressor.

Shot it for the first time. Used the suppressor and sighted in with CCI standards. Unreal-- was punching a 5/8" hole with 10 shots at 50 yds. The dot on my leupold scope covered nearly that diameter at that distance! Everything was perfect. Then did the same with Eley subsonic HP and found impact and grouping the same and all ready for squirrel hunting. Never thought a 1022 could shoot this well or this dependable. Shoots right up there with my 35 yr old Remington 541s bolt action.

Yea, the suppressor was about as neat as you could imagine. Only sound was the action of the gun and a minor click. So much Fun !!

I had researched all this on this site and am so pleased with the resulting product.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:21 PM
Vasquez956

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Which suppressor?
Old 06-19-2017, 12:45 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkk1 View Post
Wow. I just got my first .22 suppressor out of jail and headed to the range with my 1022 lvt that I had sent to Randy from cpc for tune up to action, trigger & threading of barrel for the suppressor.

Shot it for the first time. Used the suppressor and sighted in with CCI standards. Unreal-- was punching a 5/8" hole with 10 shots at 50 yds. The dot on my leupold scope covered nearly that diameter at that distance! Everything was perfect. Then did the same with Eley subsonic HP and found impact and grouping the same and all ready for squirrel hunting. Never thought a 1022 could shoot this well or this dependable. Shoots right up there with my 35 yr old Remington 541s bolt action.

Yea, the suppressor was about as neat as you could imagine. Only sound was the action of the gun and a minor click. So much Fun !!

I had researched all this on this site and am so pleased with the resulting product.
I couldn't agree more! Shooting suppressed and then having an accurate rifle to do that from, is way more fun than what a person should be allowed to have with his/her clothes still on.
I put this one together with the idea I might get a rifle that's quieter than a "mouse fart":

Federsen Barrel
Hogue Stock
KIDD Trigger
VC "Firefly" Bolt
Nikon P223 4-12X scope
Weigand rail/rings

Function is flawless using CCI Quiet ammunition, and like yours, there's more mechanical noise than anything out of the barrel. Nice to shoot without muffs. Really hard not to smile.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:34 PM
UncleFester

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkk1 View Post

Shot it for the first time. Used the suppressor and sighted in with CCI standards. Unreal-- was punching a 5/8" hole with 10 shots at 50 yds. The dot on my leupold scope covered nearly that diameter at that distance! Everything was perfect. Then did the same with Eley subsonic HP and found impact and grouping the same and all ready for squirrel hunting. Never thought a 1022 could shoot this I well or this dependable. Shoots right up there with my 35 yr old Remington 541s bolt action.

Glad to hear it. I had Randy do similar work to my LVT. Now, I need my stamp. Hopefully, the YHM Stinger does a nice job for me.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:17 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm not sure what kind of suppressor is you guys are using, but I have the Tactical Solutions Axiom .And once I did a minor sighting in it's like a laser half inch groups at 50 yards with CCI standard velocity .The best part is now I can shoot right in my backyard. I think a suppressor for a .22 makes perfect sense weather rifle or handgun.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:11 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
I only have one, and it was purchased a couple years ago from the company ( Steve Lauer ) that sells Dura-Coat down in Chippewa Falls, WI.

I've been told, and have read, where many, if not all, of the requirements to get a suppressor are being eradicated and they will become available without a tax stamp, or the wait involved with that. It will be a refreshing bit of news if it comes to fruition, and we can order suppressors like we do a firearm, or get one from a LGS.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:22 AM
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
I only have one, and it was purchased a couple years ago from the company ( Steve Lauer ) that sells Dura-Coat down in Chippewa Falls, WI.

I've been told, and have read, where many, if not all, of the requirements to get a suppressor are being eradicated and they will become available without a tax stamp, or the wait involved with that. It will be a refreshing bit of news if it comes to fruition, and we can order suppressors like we do a firearm, or get one from a LGS.

Oh my.. that would be sweet!!!
Old 06-20-2017, 10:19 AM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post

Would be great but I don't think in our lifetime
Old 06-20-2017, 06:47 PM
wkk1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
element 2 suppressor
Old 06-20-2017, 11:55 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't see that hearing protection act (or whatever its called) passing anytime soon. Seriously, I would love to go to a sporting goods store and buy a supressor all day long, but I can't see that ever really happenning to where one can go purchase one at will. Cops likely are not going to be too keen on the idea of possibly being shot at (or civilians for that matter) with a suppressed firearm aiding in covering up the location its coming from, and making it that attainable just doesn't add up. Too many wacknuts out there already. I don't see them giving them free reign on adding this to the mix.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:45 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Here's a page from the April/2017 "American Rifleman", concerning how the BATF-E and the NRA feels about suppressors and their use in America: