Cutting barrel on new trainer 452 or 455 20" - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:11 PM
JMK
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

First off, WELCOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctxflyer View Post
It would be like buying a Rolls Royce that someone painted orange with a spray can.
I don't think I'd take it that far...

Besides, if you're buying it for your own use, and not as an investment, then does it really matter what others think of it or how resale value might hypothetically be affected, regardless of which model you start with? If starting with a 452 Trainer/Lux, you can always have the front sight fitted at the shorter length.

To answer the accuracy question, generally barrel length and accuracy are not directly related. Accuracy is related to other factors that may also be affected by barrel length, however. I wouldn't worry about shortening a barrel if that's what you want to do (I've done both a 452 American and a 452 Lux). Though, a 455 would afford ease in doing so - either with a replacement, or by cutting.

JMK
Old 06-19-2017, 02:00 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
I alway figure it's the owner's to do with as he pleases, many have shortened them and been very happy.