The Watering Hole 3-20-2017 - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 01:49 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
TMIMITW just lets them intermingle with his 'stache. Never really thought about it but maybe I need to get him one of those trimmers.
It werks pretty good when the man fire is low or even women from countries with thick black hair when young.

Is that where you hide your money Steve?

Done painting until I get the ok from the Finn she'll stay out of the basement and I can do at the bottom of the stairs, 15 min. job.

Tried to make some undercuts on the tree limbs but the arms propelled pole saw teeth are way too aggressive; most *irksome. I have to be most careful when using the electric chainsaw lest I ruin very nearby limbs ruining the trees' ambiance, form. Quit cause I was urinated off!!

Took the Finn for a spin after we dropped off our tax stuff and went by our old house. Looks like feces with the chain link fence one of the owners put in for a dog and got left up. Apple trees there also look like feces.

Had a show this a.m. as a semi semi stopped in front to unload materials for the house across the street the new owner's apparently remodeling. Driver of the tractor/forklift combo knocked a shower stall off the trailer and broke it because the 2 guys standing around doing nada weren't helping him learn the fine points of using his forklift with air brakes. Hour later another vehicle came with another stall while I was yakking with a waiting helper. New stall was flawed and their last one. Don't people look at stuff first? Al wondered to himself.

tomorrow~ cold windy snow
Old 03-20-2017, 01:50 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Quote:
TMIMITW just lets them intermingle with his 'stache. Never really thought about it but maybe I need to get him one of those trimmers.
The first woman we ever had in my unit in Germany was a real gonad buster.

She would often come up to one of us and say "Are those nose hairs regulation soldier!?"

Of course, we were all jokers, so it was self defense on her part.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:03 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
It werks pretty good when the man fire is low or even women from countries with thick black hair when young.

Somewhere in Kiwi country, DM just developed a nervous twitch. . . .

Funny, since it was an activity that he does at regular intervals, I assumed he was a drug mule.

.. .went by our old house. Looks like feces with the chain link fence one of the owners put in for a dog and got left up. Apple trees there also look like feces.

The ex house sounds like a lot of ex crement.

Must have been a big dog . .

In the process of unsuccessfully attempting to take care of other family members' problems or non-problems, I have accomplished just about nothing this fine Monday of no wind, but cold air masses.
I was able to take a rather long, semi-restful geezer snooze after lunch, so not a complete write-off.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:21 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
Now, which one of y'all wants a Magnum Research 10/22 Magnum with a Tac-Sol barrel and a Boyds Nutmeg Barracuda Stock?
Steev wants it. . .

but only if you put lots of cat, Hello Kitty, etc. stickers on it.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:29 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Range Report
Suppose to have dunder storms these next two days so went to the range today. Weather cloudy and in the mid-fifties, along with winds in the 15-25 mph's.

Brought along three rifles and two pistols. Rifles were operated at the fifty and ten yard distances and pistols at ten yards. Rifle ammo was SK-Magazine and Crosman .22 HP pellets and pistol ammo was Federal Automatch and Crosman .22 HP pellets.

First up was Mr. Freckles and one paper target at fifty yards with the CZ 452 American LH. All five shots frecklated Mr. Freckles and five shots on paper looked like this.

That was gooder than chicken so put the CZ away and brought out the Remington 581 LH. Shot ten shots total and the better of the two paper targets looked like this.

Afterwards it was Benjamin pellet time with both the rifle and pistol. After about fifty pellets total the wind was getting to be too much.

Last up was the Beretta 92 FS with the RF conversion upper and shot a total to eighty rounds of Automatch at ten yards and managed to keep each ten shot group within a two inch diameter circle to end the day.
End of Report

Last edited by TD1; 03-20-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:10 PM
mdew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
85* and trout fishing was slow, caught two early this morning and two more around noon. Too hot for the dog to stay in her carrier in the SUV so called it a day. Grilling some chicken and have a cold beer. After all its vacation.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:24 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good range report TD.

Good trout and hot dog report MD.

Sketti dinner and after a few extra pulls on the leaf blower cleaned off half the lawn of road sand n gravel. Bit early as one storm could have the plows throwing it all back at me. Not very much tonnage this year being such an easy with warm spells winter. Yay for Alneenyo. Sorry all y'all polar bear fans and those who live near the ocean.

42˚
Old 03-20-2017, 06:48 PM
dlong
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Done painting until I get the ok from the Finn she'll stay out of the basement and I can do at the bottom of the stairs, 15 min. job.

Tried to make some undercuts on the tree limbs but the arms propelled pole saw teeth are way too aggressive; most *irksome. I have to be most careful when using the electric chainsaw lest I ruin very nearby limbs ruining the trees' ambiance, form. Quit cause I was urinated off!!

Took the Finn for a spin after we dropped off our tax stuff and went by our old house. Looks like feces with the chain link fence one of the owners put in for a dog and got left up. Apple trees there also look like feces.

Had a show this a.m. as a semi semi stopped in front to unload materials for the house across the street the new owner's apparently remodeling. Driver of the tractor/forklift combo knocked a shower stall off the trailer and broke it because the 2 guys standing around doing nada weren't helping him learn the fine points of using his forklift with air brakes. Hour later another vehicle came with another stall while I was yakking with a waiting helper. New stall was flawed and their last one. Don't people look at stuff first? Al wondered to himself.

tomorrow~ cold windy snow
Geez Louise, you still painting that basement floor?? What are you using? A 1 inch brush.
......Tom Petty
Old 03-20-2017, 06:52 PM
Sophia

RFC Admin Team
TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Quote:
Sorry all y'all polar bear fans and those who live near the ocean.
Not to worry. I'm invested in what will one day be beach front property.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:57 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mowed the front lawn this afternoon right after cleaning all of gear taken to the range this morning. Pizza tonight for dinner.

Tomorrow's project is to add additional support cordage into the 1996 Dodge diesel driver seat spring assembly. Original owner was much heavier than me so seat springs have gotten quite a workout. I have done some rehabilitation work on the seat but still sitting just a tad lower than when in the front passenger seat. Learned this helpful hint whilst watching an automobile show where they customize older vehicles.

Last edited by TD1; 03-20-2017 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:21 PM
Tiger-Ock

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Excellent. I used this method for years. I may let my 'stash get established again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
Mowed the front lawn this afeernoo right after cleaning all of gear taken to the range this morning.

Yep. Mowing 'til October.

Tomorrow's project is to add additional support cordage into the 1996 Dodge diesel driver seat spring assembly. Original owner was much heavier than me so seat springs have gotten quite a workout. I have done some rehabilitation work on the seat but still sitting just a tad lower than when in the front passenger seat. Learned this helpful hint whilst watching an automobile show where they customize older vehicles.

If it's bucket seats why don't you just swap 'em and let the passenger ride low?
Shot .223 into a 4.7" target establishing 1.5 MOA @ 150 yards. I think that's right.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:27 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The bucket seats in the Dodge are not symmetrical. However have considered just swapping out the seat spring assemblies but would make for a crappy long distance ride when I'm in the revised passenger seat.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:29 PM
RichJ
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
bored silly, no sling yesterday and today. No meds today only the cold pack machine.
Best part it's the left side so I didn't have to relearn bathroom hygiene. It's going to be a long 6 weeks.

Rich
Old 03-20-2017, 07:51 PM
Steve in IN

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
S, that's gross! Get him a battery powered one. I have 2. The better is the green Microtouch, better than the Conair.

Al, you forget that Sophia is Greek or were you being mean?

Ock, I have a great immune system but too good a year and a half ago. It overreacted to a virus and attacked the myelin insulation around my nerves, an autoimmune thing called Guillan-Barre, causing most of my nerves not to work. The most visible thing was not being able to walk or even stand. My bladder didn't know when it was full and the bladder muscles didn't work. Even with getting 2 catheters a day for 3 weeks, my bladder stretched to over twice it's size. It's still not shrunk back to normal so holds about 200 cc even after I pee. That's not a lot but not good, so I have to empty it completely once a week. (Did it every day for months.)

Got to 80 today and I accomplished as much as GF did.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:02 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Good range report TD.
Thanks, Al.
Closed Thread