Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:00 PM
peper2112

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CZ 455 Grand Finale w/Scope

Here it is with my favorite scope, Nikon Prostaff EFR.

It is currently using the BKL 257 until I can get the CZ engraved ring mishap corrected. She's a lil beauty.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:41 PM
JCIII

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
And the question on everyone's mind (at least mine)....how does it shoot?
Old 03-19-2017, 09:22 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peper2112 View Post
Here it is with my favorite scope, Nikon Prostaff EFR.

It is currently using the BKL 257 until I can get the CZ engraved ring mishap corrected. She's a lil beauty.

Wow does that shine or what you did good

Signalman

Edit; this is the very first one as a complete package. very nice...a scope just adds to the overall look.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:51 PM
jagerman

TPC Rating: 
50% (2)
I've still have only seen one grand finale with decent wood ...no offense. All this talk of cz and great value. Or how some say they can't justify the extra cost of a quality rifle over a cz for what they claim is 10% improvements yet are lining up to over pay for cz452 because they say 1/1000
Old 03-19-2017, 11:16 PM
jagerman

TPC Rating: 
50% (2)
Quote:
Hello:

I love all the CZ's I own, and my Rimfire collection has blossomed very nicely. I just picked a 452 Grand Finale at a reasonable discount. For myself, I can justify the $1k price on just the wood alone. But taking everything as a whole (The engraving, jeweled bolt, the engraving on the supplied and very stout rings, The grain, the nice gold trigger and did I mention the grain!!!) this is a wonderful and worthwhile addition to my CZ collection.

If you are interested, I can upload some pictures (once I discover how to) and share with you the beauty of the 452 GF !!
That's great wood to you?
Old 03-20-2017, 08:14 AM
edapp

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Needs a pair of gloss Talley rings and then it'll be perfect.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:15 AM
peper2112

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CZ 455 GF ring issue

I just got off the phone with Jacob (38 minutes) at CZ USA and the resolution is mixed. The GF they have in house and the rings supplied work fine (so he was told). So the issue is either the dovetail or the rings. (uhhmmmm ok)

They are out of stock of the 3/8" ring and have back ordered a set for me. Once they are in, I should be able to swap out the bases and all will be well. I was told alternatively they might have to order some to be made (with engraving and 3/8" base) from CZ if this turns out to be a larger scale issue. That would obviously take some time.

It seems to me the easy solution is to send out new bases if the swap works as they say it will. Regardless, when they send me a new set of rings I will swap out the bases and see if this resolves the issue.

I was also told that this might be a case by case issue. My recommendation is to call Jacob and report if you have similar issues.

As soon as I get the rings, I will let you know. Its stunning that they don't have a set in stock!

I will get out and test the GF this weekend and let you know how it shoots.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:32 PM
jqunac

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I told myself I wasn't going to get one of these but the pictures are making it irresistible. Can anyone clue me in on where and how to buy a specimen with exceptional stock? Buying local is not an option.

I apologize if this is not an acceptable question for this forum.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:03 PM
jagerman

TPC Rating: 
50% (2)
Quote:
Hello:

I love all the CZ's I own, and my Rimfire collection has blossomed very nicely. I just picked a 452 Grand Finale at a reasonable discount. For myself, I can justify the $1k price on just the wood alone. But taking everything as a whole (The engraving, jeweled bolt, the engraving on the supplied and very stout rings, The grain, the nice gold trigger and did I mention the grain!!!) this is a wonderful and worthwhile addition to my CZ collection.

If you are interested, I can upload some pictures (once I discover how to) and share with you the beauty of the 452 GF !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqunac View Post
I told myself I wasn't going to get one of these but the pictures are making it irresistible. Can anyone clue me in on where and how to buy a specimen with exceptional stock? Buying local is not an option.

I apologize if this is not an acceptable question for this forum.
I think your best option is going to be gunbroker or a dealer willing to show pictures. I've only seen one with good wood and no offense it isn't this one but it's posted in on this site under a different thread.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:13 PM
peper2112

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This one for a 452 CZ is one of the best I own. It doesn't compare to the AAA fancy Browning or AA Cooper I have, but for a CZ its super. I know at $1k+ it could have a more traditional Fancy grade wood, but the checkering, grain and depth are excellent.

This (Below) is what most folks call "great wood", but it isn't always about maple/stripes. The checkering and depth of the grain of the walnut on the (GF) is excellent. There is unique layering varying levels of grain throughout.

As for purchasing, I got mine from a dealer who posts on Gunbroker. He might open up and take some pics for you. He treated me well and had a very fair price. If you would like his name, feel free to contact me.

Last edited by peper2112; 03-20-2017 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:06 PM
gr8guns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
The emperor has new clothes.

see the value, then it is for you. It is not for me.

Last edited by gr8guns; 03-21-2017 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:25 PM
peper2112

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Everyone has a right to their opinion, agreed. I personally have owned better than 45 CZ Rimfires and 3/4 of those being 452 models and I simply cannot fathom anyone saying its "2nd rate wood", if you are comparing to the standard 452 offerings.

Whether its worth $1k is subjective for anyone.

If you want to see a true disappointment, go look at the new CZ's in the "rustic" finish! It looks like vinyl wrap. I purchased the 455 Trainer to give it whirl and boy is it just ugly. Good thing it shoots extremely well.

To each his own I suppose, but not sure why its necessary to express such disdain.

Guess I will just sit and lurk moving forward.

Last edited by peper2112; 03-20-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:34 PM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagerman View Post
This makes it sound like you don't think that the GF stock in the pictures is anything special. Perhaps I'm seeing different photos than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guns View Post
Cz shooters, collectors, fans, I have laid back watched the Grand Finale pictures, and I can truthfully say that due to the pictures I have seen, these are the most highly overcharged pieces of CZ rifles I have ever seen..The wood is nothing compared to some of the regular CZ rifles posted here. The engraving is certainly not any thing I would pay for. The jeweled bolt is nice. Short of that and a "collectible" serial number and you have a high dollar second rate CZ. ( As far as wood" ) . That is my opinion, I hope you respect my findings, and no, it is not sour grapes. I don't see any advantage to paying the inflated price for these. I suspect the price will not see any expected return.

If you see the value, then it is for you. It is not for me.
It's a collector's rifle, isn't it? Therein lies its value. Not everyone collects comic books, but for some people certain issues have value that is not apparent to others. Are there many "regular CZ rifles posted here" that have nicer wood?
Old 03-20-2017, 07:35 PM
gr8guns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Everyone has a right to their opinion, agreed. I have personally have owned better than 45 CZ Rimfires and 3/4 of those being 452 models and I simply cannot fathom anyone saying its "2nd rate wood", if you are comparing to the standard 452 offerings.

Whether its worth $1k is subjective for anyone.

If you want to see a true disappointment, go look at the new CZ's in the "rustic" finish! It looks like vinyl wrap. I purchased the 455 Trainer to give it whirl and boy is it just ugly. Good thing it shoots extremely well.

To each his own I suppose, but not sure why its necessary to express such disdain.

I guess it could grow on me.

Last edited by gr8guns; 03-21-2017 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:37 PM
painterpm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
<snip>

That would be unfortunate.