Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:40 PM
oldcoot61

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Star 22 sa

My buddy loaned me his Star 22 SAA that someone gave him cause he said he didn't want it anymore and it wouldn't load, or eject rite. First, here's the lowdown on this pistol;
Made somewhere in the late 50's, outa spain.
10rd mag.
All steel..
A buddy at church "GAVE" me and my budd larry a firearms between us. I got a Winchester model 100 semi in 243 and larry got the Star 22. Helleva deal huh ?
Both guns were dirty as hades, inside and out, but mine (the winchester) cleaned up nicely, but larry's took a couple of hours of working once he go it apart. When he'd finished, he handed it to me and told me to shoot it, REALLY GIVE IT A WORKOUT, which I was happy to do.
Instead of shootin a brick through it, I only shot a sleeve of Winchester super X and CCI mini mags.Winchester was hollow point and the CCI round nose. Both fed and shot well except the Winchester would hang up a time or two. Haven't shot any lead nose ammo through it yet, maybe next week.
All in a nut shell, to me, this isn't a bad gun, but then again, what do I know, I', just an ol coot....
Any idea's
Old 03-20-2017, 06:57 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Are you sure it's not a Star Model F ?

They were one of the best field pistols ever made.

Probably ought to just run standard velocity through it though.

Hard to find for less than $400.

HIgh Standard carries magazines for them.