Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-10-2017, 01:12 AM
JordanRB

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New bolt knob for my sako quad

Hello everyone, currently in the process of building my first custom sako quad. I have everything done except for deciding what to do with this bolt knob/handle! One of the first things I wanted to do when I received the quad was changing the bolt knob. I've been searching around for aftermarket knobs for the quad and all I seem to find is DIP knobs. I was wondering if anyone had other suggestions or any help on other knobs. I have the DIP bottom metal and rail on my quad currently so if that is my only option I am not against it. Open to anything. Thanks guys!

Jordan
Old 03-12-2017, 06:36 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Sorry nobody's responded to your inquiry. Certainly someone will come by eventually. Most of us a so happy to have one that we don't do a lot of mods with the exception of putting on a real aluminum trigger guard. You could check with DIP as they might have bolt handles. Great having you onboard!
Old 03-12-2017, 07:23 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
DIP

Very happy with my DIP knurled aftermarket bolt handle. They have several styles available, both straight and bent. I also have the DIP aftermarket aluminum guard, much nicer than the plastic OEM.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:22 PM
Alter Rostig

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
If you know the thread size

Contact The Polished Knob via Facebook. He has a pretty wide array of styles, so you might find something which suits your fancy.
Jack
Old 03-16-2017, 05:38 PM
cmjr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quad bolt knobs

When the Quad came out it spawned several individuals that came out with their own designs. One was DIP, others were marketed on Gunbroker and some even pedaled their knobs here. Materials ranged from aluminum, stainless, blued CM, even Brass. Problem is most are the clunky looking tactical knobs. Big, bulky but functional and make your nice slim Sako look like it has a tumor growing off of it. When Sako came out with the Finnfire II with the Finnfire style knob I'm thinking, this is good, we'll finally get a nice looking ala P94S style knob. Good luck on finding one in the states, and if you do it will run you close to 100.00 by the time you pay to get it over here. I own a couple DIP knobs and a couple of these bought off of Gunbroker, picked these up for slightly less than 35.00 with shipping.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:59 AM
K22
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Problem is most are the clunky looking tactical knobs. Big, bulky but functional and make your nice slim Sako look like it has a tumor growing off of it.
Perfect description.

I also wonder why no one can or will make a round knob bolt handle for the Quad. A copy of the older Finnfire would be great.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:14 AM
JordanRB

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for all the replies! Finally been able to put some serious rounds down range with it. I feel like when I go a little to hard on pulling the bolt it doesn't feel as smooth and I think it's from the plastic handle flexing a little which pulls the bolt to the side not allowing it to glide down the action. (if that makes any sense) Hopefully after getting a new one it will feel a litte nicer. Although I can't really complain since the quad has a beautiful action all around. After looking around more and reading the comments I think I'll just go with a DIP knob. Just kicking myself now that I didn't order it when I bought the rail and bottom metal from them.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:20 AM
JordanRB

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjr View Post
When the Quad came out it spawned several individuals that came out with their own designs. One was DIP, others were marketed on Gunbroker and some even pedaled their knobs here. Materials ranged from aluminum, stainless, blued CM, even Brass. Problem is most are the clunky looking tactical knobs. Big, bulky but functional and make your nice slim Sako look like it has a tumor growing off of it. When Sako came out with the Finnfire II with the Finnfire style knob I'm thinking, this is good, we'll finally get a nice looking ala P94S style knob. Good luck on finding one in the states, and if you do it will run you close to 100.00 by the time you pay to get it over here. I own a couple DIP knobs and a couple of these bought off of Gunbroker, picked these up for slightly less than 35.00 with shipping.

I actually like the style of the quad knob but not the fact it's plastic. That one in the picture would be great. Can't seem to find it on gunbroker tho. Although it would be fun to make my own I just have zero way and knowledge to do so
Old 03-20-2017, 06:36 PM
mako

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sako Quad Bolt Knob

First off, welcome to the community!
I could not make up my mind which DIP knob I wanted. So, bought a couple of them. Tried them out and settled on the Tactical. Love it!!! Just looked and it presently is back ordered.
Good service from DIP as well.
Enjoy!
Old 03-22-2017, 11:56 PM
JordanRB

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako View Post
First off, welcome to the community!
I could not make up my mind which DIP knob I wanted. So, bought a couple of them. Tried them out and settled on the Tactical. Love it!!! Just looked and it presently is back ordered.
Good service from DIP as well.
Enjoy!
Yeah thats going to bea problem. Guess i will have to wait on the knob! Thanks for the help!