Squares are 1" X 1"

Bill. WPS

thats good shooting Bill!
Old 03-20-2017, 05:21 PM
singleshotfan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
57m

I purchased mine new. No issue with 6 other rim fires and the same scopes I tried on the Cooper. See my commentary above for the times I contacted Cooper customer service (not).
Runaround all the way.
Fortunately I have a few rimfires that do shoot as promised. No more Coopers though.
They don't walk the walk or talk the talk.
Regards, Richard
Old 03-20-2017, 05:41 PM
drover
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
[QUOTE=singleshotfan;
Called Cooper and they gave following reasons: I don't know how to shoot, (BR completion CR and ARA shooter), poor ammo choices, (See above) the sun rose in the east, causing poor accuracy, the barrel is dirty, etc.

On top of that they won't even answer this question: I have had two different scopes on this rifle. I had to use Burris rings with the inserts. To be able to get the scope to hit at more than 50 yards I had to use offset inserts to raise the point of impact. Even with this neither scope will barely make enough adjustment to shoot at 100 yards. Also off R-L. Appears the receiver is not cut correctly?
Anyone else had this problem or heard of it?
Thanks, SSF[/QUOTE]

In reading your post you do not mention that you did anything besides talk to them about the problem. If that is so then how are they supposed to solve the issue without having the rifle in hand to examine?

IMO you are doing them and yourself a disservice by not sending it back to have it looked at. If it is a new rifle I doubt that they will have any issue with sending you a call slip to have it returned so they can look at it. Think of from the manufacturers side - Someone calls you on the phone and describes an issue with a rifle and wants it fixed but they will not ship it back for repairs, just what is the manufacturers supposed to do - send a repair team to your house?

I realize that you may need to vent but you also need to give them a chance to make it right.

drover

Old 03-21-2017, 04:04 AM
Doc Robin

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I need to look for some more of those Federals.

Bill
Old 03-21-2017, 04:55 AM
hickorynut
US Navy Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
In reading your post you do not mention that you did anything besides talk to them about the problem. If that is so then how are they supposed to solve the issue without having the rifle in hand to examine?

IMO you are doing them and yourself a disservice by not sending it back to have it looked at. If it is a new rifle I doubt that they will have any issue with sending you a call slip to have it returned so they can look at it. Think of from the manufacturers side - Someone calls you on the phone and describes an issue with a rifle and wants it fixed but they will not ship it back for repairs, just what is the manufacturers supposed to do - send a repair team to your house?

I realize that you may need to vent but you also need to give them a chance to make it right.

drover
Good ole drover, if your not on the payroll of Cooper, you should be, your sarcastic replies to singleshotfan reaks of Coopers Customer service department.
I have been in his shoes, its not a good place to be and your comments "send a repair team to his house" is sarcastic at least.
The reputation that was built early on for Cooper Firearms is no longer in effect. They seem to have the attitude that you bought it, its yours, if you cant shoot it, its your problem. If you insist, they WILL send a call tag, but don't plan on them getting started on it anytime soon, Its a bitter pill to swallow.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:58 AM
hickorynut
US Navy Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Robin View Post
I need to look for some more of those Federals.

Bill
I have been having good results with some lots of SK standard +, at a little less that $6.00 a box of 50 when bought in case lots.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:13 PM
singleshotfan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
57 issues

Drover, just curious. Do you own a Cooper RF? Do you have a dog in this hunt?
Best Regards,
Old 03-21-2017, 06:20 PM
singleshotfan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
57m

BTW I have paid the price of admission! I have my big boy pants on and will survive, There will be no more Coopers in my life.
If you have first hand experience I appreciate your input. Otherwise dream on.
Richard
Old 03-21-2017, 07:28 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Cooper experience I have had.

I have owned three Cooper rifles, Trp and a couple of the sporters. Notice the word owned. I won't own any more of them. Beautiful, most of them, take some tweezers along to get the empty cartridges out, and enjoy the accuracy of a rifle that won't perform any better on the paper than several rifles one tenth to one fifth the costs.

I have paid my dues. I am expressing opinion based on experience.

Not a popular view, but truthful from my experience. Give me a CZ any day, at least they will cycle and throw out the empties, and usually shoot at least a minute of angle for way less bucks.

Just for the record, I have two Remington 541S rifles that out shot my three Coopers, and the Coopers my fellow shooters had....a total of six Coopers.

Last edited by gr8guns; 03-21-2017 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:41 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Customer service.

It is obvious that some of the issues above were experienced by seasoned .22 rim-fire shooters. The lack of timely response by customer service with nothing other than rhetoric will fuel the timeline for Cooper .22 rifles being history.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:14 PM
drover

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by singleshotfan View Post
Drover, just curious. Do you own a Cooper RF? Do you have a dog in this hunt?
Best Regards,
Actually I currently own three 57M's all in 22 l.r., a Custom Classic fully loaded with all of the stock upgrades, a LVT, and a Jackson Hunter. I have owned 3 other 57M's in the past, all Classics, the only reason for selling them was for wood upgrades, I have never had an issue with any of them. Yes - it is difficult to shoot factory groups with the Classic stock because the style is not conducive to shooting from a rest.

Through the years I have owned right at 20 Cooper rifles, both rimfire and centerfire, and currently own a half-dozen. I have not had an issue with anyone of them except for shooting a couple of the 223's so much that I wore out the barrels and had to have them replaced. Out of that 20 I did have one that did not shoot to my satisfaction and they replaced the barrel and it was good after that.

I do not buy into the "Coopers were better in the good old days" mantra, I bought my first Cooper during their first year in business. I have owned Coopers made during the years that Dan Cooper was in charge, I bought a couple that were made during the "hostile take-over" that occurred, I have owned some that were made after Dan C. was back in charge, and I have some that were made during the current ownership - so perhaps my perspective is a big broader than someone who has owned one or two.

Yes, it is irritating to have something you have high hopes for not perform properly but it seems to me that your options are to either keep complaining about it or give Cooper a chance to repair it to your satisfaction, the choices are not that difficult.

As someone posted earlier - if you do send it in for a repair it may take a while, the repair shop is small, they handle issues as they come in, so if there are some repairs in front of you or they have to wait for repair parts (a receiver or barrel, they have to wait for the next run of them before they can replace it). This same repair shop also does the repair re-barrels, etc. of all of the rifles that have been built over the last 25 years.

Do the math on this - Cooper is a small manufacturer, the last few years they have built 3500 gun per year, let's take into account that the early years they did not build quite that many, so let's average it out to 2500 guns per year for 25 years - that equals 62,500 Coopers have been built. The great majority of owners are satisfied with theirs but human nature being what it is everyone jumps on the few that got out that are not satisfactory, but taken into perspective the ones with issues are a very small percentage.

I have a dozen friends who are Cooper owners and the only complaint I hear is -" why did I spend so much money on having rifles built when I could have bought one that shoots like this out of the box."

The only choice you have now is whether to keep on complaining, sell it, or give Cooper a chance to make it right.

As far as "having a dog in that hunt" - I do not. But I do not under stand why a person would rather complain than give the company a chance to correct the issue.

drover

Last edited by drover; 03-21-2017 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:41 AM
elohssa63

TPC Rating: 
50% (0)
I only have two 57-M`s and the only problem I had was weak ejection. It was easily corrected without sending the rifles back to Cooper.

Last edited by elohssa63; 03-22-2017 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:48 AM
Luvthemtorts

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elohssa63 View Post
I only have two 57-M`s and the only problem I had was weak ejection. It was easily corrected without sending the rifles back to Cooper.
I've had three 57 models myself, and currently own a 22LR Jackson Hunter. the weak ejection issue is well known (as it is with Anschutz) and easily remedied in just a few short minutes.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:47 AM
Doc Robin

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Just curious as to what the fix is? My JSR ejects fine but will have the ocassional last empty round left sitting on top of the magazine.

Bill

WPS
Old 03-23-2017, 08:16 AM
joet333

TPC Rating: 
100% (36)
There were some good threads here on that issue.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...ooper+ejection