Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:13 AM
JStacy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (26)
Range day with a couple Tac Sol uppers

I have two Tac Sol uppers ,a 6" and an 8" that I got from members of this board. Both are mounted on 22/45 grip frames. Both uppers were as new when I got them and both have Red dot sights mounted on them. I took the Tack sol brothers and two Ruger 22/45 lites out to the range for some shooting entertainment yesterday. It is impressive how well the Tac Sols shot , hovering around 1/2" groups at 33 yards from a sand bag rest. The best group I got out of my Ruger Lites was one 3/4" group ,some other groups ran in the 2-3" range. The tac sol's have been pretty durable for me so far. I know there have been post of the breech face "mushrooming" around the barrel liner. The 6" Tac sol is my only semi that shoots Federal "pseudo match" accurately. It would group in the 1/2-3/4" range with the Federal and the lites consistently di d not like it and gave groups in the 3" range.
The ammo tested was mostly "plinking " ammo consistently of CCI Blazers ,Federal AM and some old WW dynapoints. The lites shot the blazers good ,approximately 1" average, and everything else +/- . My green lite did shoot the WW dynapoints almost as good as blazers but all of the guns had a failure to fire on several of the WW rounds.
Do not get me wrong O like the Lites just surprised how much the Tac sol uppers smoked them on the average.